New q7 matrix headlights missing

Audi Lover Ash

I have the same issue. Ordered my Q7 vorsprung March 22 was due June 22 delayed and finally arrived in Dec 23 with what I can only describe as a joke of a light system. Not happy at all even though it clearly states Led matrix lights and dynamic indicators front and rear, not leaving it there. I have complained to Audi and the motor ombudsman. It’s like Audi have gone backwards 

I am in same situation. I ordered my Q7 50Tdi Vorsprung March 22 was due to arrive July 22, arrived Dec 22 with what I can only discribe as a joke of a light system front and back. I px an RS6 and was expecting the same light system and they sent this joke. Complained to Audi still ongoing and also to motor ombudsman. Told them if it’s not sorted they can have the car back. Joke 

• 1 month later...

I’m hoping this doesn’t impact new RS6. I love the matrix headlights on my current Q7 4M - will be seriously unhappy if I rock up on the weekend and don’t find Matrix Lasers installed. 

8 hours ago, ahin4114 said:

I’m hoping this doesn’t impact new RS6. I love the matrix headlights on my current Q7 4M - will be seriously unhappy if I rock up on the weekend and don’t find Matrix Lasers installed. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. Hopefully it won't affect the rs6

• 6 months later...

Same thing happened to me when buying a new A7 - what really annoyed me is that when I was told the car was ready to go into production I asked if there would be any changes to my spec and I was told that nothing would change. You see, I have been burnt before as only a few months earlier I refused to take delivery of my new BMW which I waited for over a year for delivery as they did not include 3 out 4 of the equipment I ordered, so I switched to Audi!

For me the lack of HD Matrix was not in itself reason to not take the car, however I have tried to push Audi to fit these lights as soon as they would become available. Just this week after about a year of back on forth they tell me "it's not possible" to retrofit them. No real explanation why not but I assume it costs them a lot more to do this now compared to when it was produced in the factory.

Anyway, I am now seeking monetary compensation, they offered £600 which is obviously not adequate. Has anyone else manged to get compensation from Audi on this issue?