Steam coming off the bonnet

Abbielouise

i know in my 95 coupe it happens after about 20 mins if its just sitting ticking over but i know these cars run hot anyway and its a lot older!

7 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I've never heard of seen this before. What's the engine temperature when this is happening? 

90 degrees, it’s never overheated just happens if every time it rains and when on the motorway it’s hard to see over the steam 

59 minutes ago, coupe4 said:

i know in my 95 coupe it happens after about 20 mins if its just sitting ticking over but i know these cars run hot anyway and its a lot older!

Very strange isn’t it!

I'd definitely be getting this checked out. The only thing I can think of, has your A1 ever had a replacement bonnet at some point? I'm wondering if it has an aftermarket bonnet which is of a thinner metal? 

10 hours ago, coupe4 said:

7 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I'd definitely be getting this checked out. The only thing I can think of, has your A1 ever had a replacement bonnet at some point? I'm wondering if it has an aftermarket bonnet which is of a thinner metal? 

I will thank you ! Not that I know of