How do you fold in the door mirrors of an Audi A3 2010

JJ.Rep

I recently bought an Audi A3 Sportback 2010 1.2 TFSI Sport (Start Stop) 5d. I can't seem to find a way to fold in the door mirrors at all. On my door I have the knob to adjust both the left and right mirrors of my car and the middle one is the heated door mirrors option. In the manual it says to turn the dial to point downwards but I can't do it for mines and there is nothing below for the dial. Does anyone know how to fold in the mirrors for the car?

Hello Jeremiah,

Thanks for joining and welcome. 
It’s quite possible that your car was not built with fold in mirrors, and this would have been a not-ordered option. Any Audi dealer should be able to e-Mail you a print out of the build record if you  ring them with your VIN. This will confirm whether the car was built with this option or not, and allow you to move forward from that point. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

It worked! Thank you so much! I ended up being put through to Audi Parts instead after calling the dealership but they were able to get my build record just through my Reg Plate. Turns out that my vehicle doesn't have this option so I have to manually push and fold in my wing mirrors sadly 🙁

• Like 1

One of my pet peeves is handbooks that describe every possible extra option that could have been fitted, but do not say which, if any, of those options have actually been installed in ones car. I realise it is uneconomic to print a handbook for every variant, but it should be possible to cheaply print an addendum or insert that lists which options have been included.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 4:02 PM, cliffcoggin said:

One of my pet peeves is handbooks that describe every possible extra option that could have been fitted, but do not say which, if any, of those options have actually been installed in ones car. I realise it is uneconomic to print a handbook for every variant, but it should be possible to cheaply print an addendum or insert that lists which options have been included.

Couldn't agree with you more. I mean I never got the physical manual for my car but I wish even the online versions states all the possibilities for something if it doesn't have that extra option.