Dying a car interior

IHK 11

Screenshot_20230118-194321_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6555156d0fb701c0a7629488423e4de2.jpgScreenshot_20230118-194108_Gallery.jpg.59def08ebf9a1ca611fb63e9b6487dc3.jpgScreenshot_20230118-194608_Gallery.jpg.3abe2f0023e6463d9fea65106944b983.jpgHi i just wondered what everyone thought about dying a car interior. Ive got a 1990 Audi coupe b3 and originally the car had a light grey interior which was quite good but always used to show up any marks. As the car got older it seemed to look a bit  out of date. I seen a coupe with a dark grey version of my interior on a coupe in Germany and thought it looked really good. Well i decided to dye my interior with autoglym black dye and thought it worked pretty ok. I think it could do with another coat or two but i think it looks tidier. I know it was the original interior and probably not what a lot of real enthusiasts would of done and i totally understand that. I think the carpet looks better with it. Just wondered if anyone else has dyed theyre interior and what product you used? Thanks from Ian!

Edited by IHK 11
Just want to add wheel photos

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, IHK 11 said:

Hi Greg i didnt remove the interior but i definitely should of. Id use about 3 coats to get a better finish. I might take the interior out this summer to do it again. It seems to dry within about an hour on a warm day but from my experience i would not sit on the seats for about 3 days to be certain its fully dry. It did seem to stain my clothes slightly when i drove the car 24 hours later.  From Ian

Thanks. I can definitely make it better. Really pleased with the Autoglym black dye. Great product. I would highly recommend it. The boot carpet was transformed i felt.

• Like 1