Would my Audi coupe benefit from iridium spark plugs

IHK 11

Hi everyone im interested to know what people think about iridium spark plugs? My car is a 1990 Audi coupe 2.3e 5 cylinder 10 valve and currently has Bosch super 4 spark plugs which ive had no problems with and i previously had ngk spark plugs which ive had no problems with. Ive been reading a lot about iridium plugs and hear that denso iridium plugs are very good such as starting older cars and being better on petrol and producing more power. When someone is trying to sell a product its obviously going to say how good it is but i just wondered if anyone else had used them and what they thought. Really interested to know whether they were good or bad? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, IHK 11 said:

Hi everyone im interested to know what people think about iridium spark plugs? My car is a 1990 Audi coupe 2.3e 5 cylinder 10 valve and currently has Bosch super 4 spark plugs which ive had no problems with and i previously had ngk spark plugs which ive had no problems with. Ive been reading a lot about iridium plugs and hear that denso iridium plugs are very good such as starting older cars and being better on petrol and producing more power. When someone is trying to sell a product its obviously going to say how good it is but i just wondered if anyone else had used them and what they thought. Really interested to know whether they were good or bad? Thanks.

Hi Denso have been producing high end parts for cars for years, they have capitalised in the car parts market by buying older designs of car parts and developing them to another level, example being the injector systems that Ford were using on the MK3 Mondeo to replace the Delphi systems originally used which failed at a rate of knots the Denso fitted cars towards the end of production are the ones that never went wrong, it was basically a system that Bosch designed and sold the design to Denso as they felt they could take it no further, Denso did and turned it into a winner, I have used Denso MAP/MAF sensors on my last two cabs [Fords] as they definitely lasted a sight longer than the Ford or Marelli versions fitted as standard and you know what, my A6 and a lot of other Audis are fitted with Denso starter motors, must have something going for them.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. It sounds like  Denso are really good. Its always something i thought about trying. Theres only one way to find out. Maybe il try some Denso iridium plugs just to see. Thanks.

Its good to see everyones view of Denso is good. Its a brand ive never tried but always been curious about so time to put them to the test. Ive always stuck to brands like Bosch and Ngk.