18" alloys on A6 C6 avant

Dave8819

Hi guys I'm looking to fit preferably genuine 18" Audi alloys to my avant. My car is a Le mans but it came a set of 19" double 5 spoke A5 s-line alloys. I've saw a set of 18" RS4 (Le man style) alloys. But the problem I have is I'm unsure if they will look too small or not. I've saw several sets of genuine 18" so not stuck to the RS4 ones. Only reason I'm looking to swap them out is the roads I travel aren't the greatest and the 19" alloys need refurbed anyway and I need the car daily so a spare set is a bad idea either.

Don’t think they’ll look too small, the tyres will be different with higher sidewalls (profile) anyway otherwise you’ll mess up yr Speedo and gear change speeds etc. (If auto).

I ran a C5 with 18’s (option) on in summer and the standard size (17’s) in winter.

if anything, the 17’s looked bigger due the higher profile tyres.

just check the offset you need with the smaller wheels. There are some useful websites out there I’ve used in the past. (Can’t recall which ones now, too long ago.)

1 hour ago, 56Doc said:

Don’t think they’ll look too small, the tyres will be different with higher sidewalls (profile) anyway otherwise you’ll mess up yr Speedo and gear change speeds etc. (If auto).

I ran a C5 with 18’s (option) on in summer and the standard size (17’s) in winter.

if anything, the 17’s looked bigger due the higher profile tyres.

just check the offset you need with the smaller wheels. There are some useful websites out there I’ve used in the past. (Can’t recall which ones now, too long ago.)

Well that's my next question.  My car should have had the 19" le mans alloys as standard from what I know and I use the website will they fit . It compares the old wheels to the new and from what I can find out to keep the speedo as close as possible I would need 245 50 18 tyres but some websites I look at say 245 45 18 and the many sets of wheels on offer are 245 45 18. So I'm now assuming I might not have the the original tyre size for the 19" wheels?