No dipstick.

AndyA4Allroad

Hi everyone new here, I am aware certain aged Audis don't have dipsticks, that said I want one!!

I have seen that sealey do a dipstick which you have to calibrate before use,  my question is where do you get the data from to calibrate the dipstick?

Has anyone had any experience?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, coupe4 said:

i cant see how you would calibrate a dipstick?

The one you are looking at will have some chain lock assembly, the idea is you fill the car with just the right amount of oil and then drop the graded bit down the hole and lock it off at where the oil reaches the top mark, thats full, you can't leave it in as it has no sealing on it, believe me I have the same engine and there is a dipstick for it in the U.S. but if you want to pay £160.00 + £30.00 shipping you are welcome, its cheaper to use the level sensor on the MMI until it goes off its !Removed! like my one did and then just get a new one about £70.00.

Steve.

yeah i was a bit unsure of the mmi oil level sensor at first but after changing the oil a few times it does seem accurate to me.