Fuel level is showing in red

Hugo 37

I’ve recently noticed that the fuel level in my q5 is showing up in red and I’m sure that when I bought the car in February it was normal black and white .

im wondering if it is the E10 fuel that is causing this 

any suggestions would be appreciated 

My car is older than yours and it is a PHEV, but i also have virtual cockpit, so maybe a little different.  My screen is slightly different to yours.

Is there a button on the steering wheel to give you detailed view (mine does)?  You can then scroll towards the fuel tab and see if there is additional info?

Secondly, scroll up (for me) or down to see detailed view of the fuel guage - again, mine is different, as i see detailed distance view for petrol and electric.

I'd have said level.srnsir but it's obviously reading ok as there's 125 miles left. I'd recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. Could be an issue with the cockpit. 

I think it's normal - red is the highlight colour for that category of information in the virtual cockpit. If you press the arrows left/right on the left hand side of the steering wheel, it changes to another section being highlighted, with a different colour. In this video you can see the trip computer section is highlighted and is red, then he navigates to the other sections using the left/right buttons and the section highlight colours are orange (media), green (Phone), or blue (nav). Does that match what's happening in your car? (Sorry about Ethan, it was the first one I came across).

2 hours ago, mstv said:

I think it's normal - red is the highlight colour for that category of information in the virtual cockpit. If you press the arrows left/right on the left hand side of the steering wheel, it changes to another section being highlighted, with a different colour. In this video you can see the trip computer section is highlighted and is red, then he navigates to the other sections using the left/right buttons and the section highlight colours are orange (media), green (Phone), or blue (nav). Does that match what's happening in your car? (Sorry about Ethan, it was the first one I came across).

Thank you - this explains it perfecty