bench test dash cluster

nipper62

is it possible to bench test an audi dash cluster before i commit to paying out to have a repair to confirm i have a faulty cluster, if so are there any instructions around to help

3 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Not that I am aware of. A3 cluster faults happen from time to time so it is very possible yours is defective. How much is the repair shop quoting for a test?

been quoted between 180 and 250 looking for cheaper alternatives before paying so much if not needed

10 hours ago, nipper62 said:

been quoted between 180 and 250 looking for cheaper alternatives before paying so much if not needed

I recently had mine fixed at ECU testing pal, symptoms were no dash lights or gauges worked intermittently at first and gradually got worse. Recommend ecu they're good. What are the symptoms your getting?

10 hours ago, nipper62 said:

Highly common fault from what I found in my research aswell.

15 minutes ago, Darylbob said:

I recently had mine fixed at ECU testing pal, symptoms were no dash lights or gauges worked intermittently at first and gradually got worse. Recommend ecu they're good. What are the symptoms your getting?

dash completly dead starts but cuts out straight away also no radio

9 hours ago, Steve Q said:

What are the exact faults of the cluster? 

its completly dead car starts but cuts out more or less straight away, checked all the wires under battery tray fuses are all good, had problem with n/s rear lights while sorting this the dash cluster problem came up, battery all good as well damn frustrating

7 minutes ago, nipper62 said:

dash completly dead starts but cuts out straight away also no radio

Hmm sounds a bit more than just the dash, ive heard that the battery cables sometimes can wear through by rubbing on the battery carrier causing these issues. And then as daft as it sounds a fuse? Worth ruling out to me.

8 minutes ago, nipper62 said:

its completly dead car starts but cuts out more or less straight away, checked all the wires under battery tray fuses are all good, had problem with n/s rear lights while sorting this the dash cluster problem came up, battery all good as well damn frustrating

Ahh didn't see this. 

12 hours ago, nipper62 said:

That's about the going rate for a repair from what I have read. Will those companies test for a smaller fee? Will they refund the repair cost if it does not fix the fault?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, nipper62 said:

I've just remembered when I had mine fixed they get back to you when they've diagnosed the problem an then let you decide if you want to go ahead with it.

• Like 1