Brake pressure regulator

Raikesman

Hi Gareth

Quite desperate I've tried all breakers in UK and even Germany, no luck 'Currently unavailable'

My Cabrio is one owner from new and otherwise in excellent condition. Must it be scrapped for only this leaking valve which failed it for recent MOT! 

Can the unit be repaired or even re-engineered?

August 22 264.jpg

Thanks Jack,

Now we understand where you have tried. 
I guess when you say you have tried all U.K. breakers…. can we take it you have registered your ‘want’ and the on- line breaker link systems - such as Partsfinder? There are more. 
I sounds to me that it would now be more progressive to search for a repair option.

Can you remove the offending part, and post a photo of it? Armed with this, it might well be possible to suggest a repair option. 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

23 hours ago, Raikesman said:

Thank you Gareth

Hi Jack just been on eBay and they have loads of them, what you really need is a photograph of the item or the part number on the old unit, looks like these fail fairly regularly as most of the ones I looked at covered from 1990-1999, try parts in motion on the net and see if they can match one to your car using your VIN number.

Steve.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raikesman said:

Thanks Stevey

This 2.3 Cabrio was only made 1991/93 so pretty rare and had unique regulator  part number 44361415H.

Now considering purchase of doner car!!

Jack Tinker

Hi the other route is to have an aftermarket regulator fitted, these are adjustable and are pretty much made to fit any car, I did that mod with an old Mini I had that wouldn't pass an MOT because of lack of brake pressure at the rear so just before every MOT I had to remove the guts from the regulator so it passed, lots of fun driving back in the rain with a tail happy car, finally bit the bullet and bought an aftermarket retro fit adjustable and never looked back.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:18 AM, Raikesman said:

Hi Gareth

Quite desperate I've tried all breakers in UK and even Germany, no luck 'Currently unavailable'

My Cabrio is one owner from new and otherwise in excellent condition. Must it be scrapped for only this leaking valve which failed it for recent MOT! 

Can the unit be repaired or even re-engineered?

August 22 264.jpg

Looks a lovely car. Sorry to hear of your situation. Have you tried eBay including international sellers? 

12 hours ago, Raikesman said:

Thanks Steve. Yes tried on ebay and german sites, still looking!

Have you tried Audi heritage? 

Only problem is that they won't ship to the UK. So only way to get parts is if you have a fridge living in Europe who can ship the part to you. 

• Like 1