Happy to say running perfect but!

Chazzzyb

Well after a few problems sorting out previous owners lack of maintenance, I am happy to say my b7 is running perfect ( touch wood ) but!

I fitted an android stereo system and I don’t know if it is since then or not but I am getting like an engine Erving noise coming through. The weird thing is it is still happening even if I turn the stereo up/down or off.

Back in the old days you could get round it by putting a suppressor on the plugs but mine is a diesel.

The faster I go the speed of the noise also goes faster. It is hard to describe the noise but maybe an engine whine might be a more suitable way to describe it.

Sorry for being a bit vague.

Hi Chaz,

Are picking up signal 'noise' coming through the stereo.

Doesn't have to be a petrol engine with spark plugs.

Do you still get the noise when you turn off the stereo (rather than reduce the volume)?  The stereo amplifier 'powers' the speakers, so you need to turn off the stereo.

You can purchase cable noise suppressors, but i've never used them myself.

Thanks, Joe

Yes it does seem to be coming through the stereo and it still happens which the stereo off.

What is getting me is it starts as soon as I turn the ignition on, I don’t have to start it.

do you have a link to the wire suppressors and which wires would they go on?

I have had I diagnostic done and all it picks up is a steering fault and apparently that was down to the radio.