BRE ENGINE ,slow acceleration.

marca4

Have a 2006 b7 avant 2.0 tdi bre engine code , I find its very slow to accelerate especially in 1st and 2nd gears..boost doesn't fully kick in until 2200 rpm...

Is this just the nature of this engine?

Not throwing any codes at all, injectors tested resealed all good as is the fuel system..can't hear or see any visible boost leaks ..n 75 replaced , turbo and manifold etc all cleaned up too ,flaps wrking good.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks in advance..

Boost leaks can come from where the clips join the rubber hoses on to the turbo etc. As under pressure it can cause the air to escape. If that makes sense. 

In failing that, what make was the turbo. I ask as some cheap turbos are known to fail quite early. 

Hi Steve Q thanks for your response, I take it your talking about cold side of turbo,  air intake hose, its good and secure..

The turbo is stock so unsure of brand. Once it does boost at 2300rpm its consistent and pulls hard thru all gears..this is more so in 1st or 2nd gear while trying to get going.

7 hours ago, marca4 said:

It was replaced by audi 4 years ago..did the timing belt last week checked turbo all is good ,

Did it start happening after timing belt change? 

If so, could the timing be out ever so slightly