3 door Audi a3 door lock question

Mar4ix

Hi guys , I have Audi A3 , 2008, 2.0 TDI. , with 3 door... 8P1 model. My passenger door lock actuator not really working as should..  started intermittently do not unlock, but now impossible unlock, just pull lever from inside to get open. Would it be same door lock as from 5 door car? 

Hello Maris, 

I don’t see why the 5 door would differ from the 3 door. Would I be right in thinking you are looking to buy a secondhand one? Door locks obviously take a hammering, and you could end up with the buying-your-own- faulty-one syndrome. 
Aren’t there any aftermarket ones about? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

it seems a common fault...is this the video to do this.

....it says make sure you have an 8m spline bit read the rest of the first comment too.i have read also that the fault can be caused by the main door lock too.but dont quote me on this.

Maris.

It's a common problem with the driver's door lock and is usually caused by a damaged wire in the rubber bellows that connects the door to the pillar. Before buying another lock it would be worth checking the wires to the passenger door first.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 6:58 PM, cliffcoggin said:

Maris.

It's a common problem with the driver's door lock and is usually caused by a damaged wire in the rubber bellows that connects the door to the pillar. Before buying another lock it would be worth checking the wires to the passenger door first.

Hi. Actually problem is with passenger door lock motor.

99% I'm alone in car in last 8years I own the car, going to work and back home. Very seldom opening passenger door . I'm more often opening boot than passenger door 😁

But thanks for advise. 👍

On 1/10/2024 at 5:30 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Maris, 

I don’t see why the 5 door would differ from the 3 door. Would I be right in thinking you are looking to buy a secondhand one? Door locks obviously take a hammering, and you could end up with the buying-your-own- faulty-one syndrome. 
Aren’t there any aftermarket ones about? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth. I had a look on eBay , and I wouldn't say them mad crazy expensive... One I had a look, was something 40 GBP delivered... 

Wouldn't considering use second hand door lock, as it probably won't last long... Sometimes could be lucky... But by my experience... Not .. had Passat before, couple times changed door locks with used ones, didn't las more than couple months... (Typical problem with microswitches).. tried fix myself... But never worked out right... After bought brand new locks, problems were solved.. 

Car just passed test (MOT), just didn't lock the car , left it unlocked , tester didn't notice that lock won't unlock , but still I'd love to get it fixed, as some times very inconvenient get open door from inside , driver side, once door is opened, if not locked, door lock operates normal . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mar4ix said:

99% I'm alone in car in last 8years I own the car, going to work and back home. Very seldom opening passenger door . I'm more often opening boot than passenger door 😁

Whether you use the door or not, the wiring in the passenger door is the same age as that in the driver's door, and prone to the same embrittlement as a result of age. As a zero cost check I suggest it is worth having a look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1