Adblu warning

So picked up the car yesterday drove home and halfway home got the 650mi till no start warning. 

Refilled the adblu with fresh, plugged my handheld scanner in and its coming up with P20E8 and P20E8 P codes both relating to adblu issues.

Now does anyone on here know how to get rid of this issue?

Rich

Hello Richard,

There has been many posts on the potential impact of this issue - regrettably often not good reading. 
I take it you didn’t buy your car from a main dealer ( too old?). 
If this were mine, I would be e-mailing the seller today, and following up with a phone call in the morning. 
I think you need to request that you book this in to your nearest main dealer, or trusted independent for a diagnostic check, and seek their sanction to do that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Richard,

There has been many posts on the potential impact of this issue - regrettably often not good reading. 
I take it you didn’t buy your car from a main dealer ( too old?). 
If this were mine, I would be e-mailing the seller today, and following up with a phone call in the morning. 
I think you need to request that you book this in to your nearest main dealer, or trusted independent for a diagnostic check, and seek their sanction to do that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

It was bought from a 2nd hand dealers, I have already messaged the selling dealers though not heard anything back from them just yet, I'll be calling them tomorrow morning along with teesside audi for the outstanding recall which I'm hoping is about the adblu issue I've got 

I wouldn’t worry about the recall if it’s not Adblu associated. Any ‘messing orotund’ with the car, gives the seller ammunition to claim it ‘wasn’t like that before you subjected it the recall’. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

I wouldn’t worry about the recall if it’s not Adblu associated. Any ‘messing orotund’ with the car, gives the seller ammunition to claim it ‘wasn’t like that before you subjected it the recall’. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

The selling company will be the first port of call, I'll be telling them the issues i have with the car and giving them the opportunity to rectify it otherwise I'll be handing them the car back and walking away from it

Worth describing the symptoms to Audi and taking their advice on potential costs. As I said, I would just forget about the recall, unless they can assure you it is connected with the Adblu issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Worth describing the symptoms to Audi and taking their advice on potential costs. As I said, I would just forget about the recall, unless they can assure you it is connected with the Adblu issue. 

Sound advice, well there's a few things that aren't right with the car which I was assured last weekend when I viewed the car would be sorted before I picked it up which haven't been, also I don't have the current mot paperwork nor any kind of service history and also the cam belt and water pump have apparently been replaced yet I don't have any paperwork to support this so these are just things I need to query with the seller as I'd have thought they should have been present in the pack 

Sorry Richard, this might be too direct a question, but why did you accept the car with so many of the ‘must check I have’ elements missing? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

hi richard,i think the history for cam belt change and service history will be online if its been done by audi or a reputable independant garage.Greg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Sorry Richard, this might be too direct a question, but why did you accept the car with so many of the ‘must check I have’ elements missing? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi mate I accepted it in current state as I'd already changed the insurance over from the old car to the new and the jag really was on its last legs, the adblu and the front park sensors only went south on the day of pick up the other stuff I'd been told had been rectified prior to pick up but on checking only 1 of the 3 presale issues had been resolved, the dealership have been very good though so far and I'm taking it back to them this coming Friday for everything to be resolved otherwise I'll be walking away from the deal and buying something else (though probably not from them) 

As an aside the recall was for a heating element though I didn't get placement of said heating element from the main dealers when I rang this morning 

4 hours ago, coupe4 said:

hi richard,i think the history for cam belt change and service history will be online if its been done by audi or a reputable independant garage.Greg

I will find out Friday when I take it in, im going to guess they'll have done it by their in house workshop 

• Like 1