It had to happen

After my son buying a Toyota Aygo since passing his test Oct 2021 he has drove it around for 2.5 years with no issues whatsoever, not even a scraped wheel trim. Had his Audi A3 for 9 days and OUCH  !!. Coming home at 5am in the morning after a hateful night shift, don't know if it was he is not used to the size of the car yet or tiredness / lack of concentration but he scraped the passenger side along the gatepost albeit luckily very slowly. Both doors needed respraying and a new skirt needed as the old one was badly damaged by the bricks in the gatepost and it had to be ordered in from Germany as amazingly Audi never had one. We took it to a bodywork guy who is not the cheapest but is very highly recommended and by the look of all the high end cars he repairs its understandable. Its all fixed now and my son is £1100 out of pocket, luckily he had savings so no insurance claim needed. 

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-06 at 12.20.07_a61d8a2e.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-06 at 12.20.07_a1486bc4.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 09.39.56_8d5241c9.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 09.39.56_41d519de.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 09.39.56_ce804dce.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 09.39.56_b36dabad.jpg

Edited by WELSHVIKING

i can see why it was 1100,it looks like a very professional repair in fairness.it wont happen him again hopefully! Greg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, coupe4 said:

i can see why it was 1100,it looks like a very professional repair in fairness.it wont happen him again hopefully! Greg

Yes they were very good, it would have been £221.40 less if he would have had the old skirt repaired but decided on a new one. hopefully now Greg that will be it, he now takes a much wider line going through the gateposts which too be fair are quite narrow.

• Like 1

ah it could have been a lot worse,at least no other vehicle was involved so its probably a cheap lesson

• Like 1

All within half an inch to have missed it Colin - I feel sorry for him - it could happen to any of us. 
Perhaps we have more choice down this end of Wales, but £880  to deal with a minor-ish short scrape, does seem a little heavy on the pencil, as we say down here. 
Still, it’s done.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 2