Date of Registration vs VIN year vs Date of build

icstm

Hi all,

Just bought an approve used A5. Registered in March 2021, but it is a MY2020 and looking at the boot sticker, I think 2019 built. The VIN number suggests 2020 though (10th digit is an L).

So I am a little disappointed this was not better flagged by the dealer. I don't think the salesperson knows, they just know it was registered in March 21 and have shared its ownership and service history from that point, but the myAudi app shows that it was delivered to an Audi UK dealer in H2 2020.

Surely that is a LONG period not to have registered the car?

Anyone have experience or thoughts about any potential concerns?

Hello Jay,

The definitive answer lies in the build record, and you should be able to obtain this from Audi Cust. services, or possibly through a dealer - both through the VIN.

Possible theory:- delayed release due to the chip crisis?? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:12 AM, Magnet said:

The definitive answer lies in the build record, and you should be able to obtain this from Audi Cust. services,

That sounds like what I need.

Will Audi customer services in the UK know what the build record is, and can they access?

Would certainly expect them to have access to that information - as probably would the Parts Dept. of your local dealership - as said. I would be visiting the latter, rather than ringing, and be armed with your V5. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Magnet, My car was at the dealership for a s/w update.

I asked for the build list, but all I got when they returned the car is a printout of the optional extras, which they called the vehicle spec along with the service history (not sure why).

Who, at the dealership did you ask Jay? 
Incidentally it’s not a ‘Build list’ you are after, it’s a print out of the ‘Build Record’. 
Naughty boy! - to the back of the class, for not reading the question and answer properly.

Kind regards,

Gareth.