Hate the Suspension on my Q5

barniethelab

I bought a Q5 2L TDI 177PS SE S-Tronic earlier this year - this was delivered with standard SE non- sport suspension set up and 18 inch alloys

I really do not enjoy driving the car because of the suspension.  I live in a rural area of Fife, Scotland where the roads are not the smoothest around.  It is ok on motorways and dual carriageways, but on the undulating roads I drive on every day I can only describe the ride as like sitting on top of a jelly - you get "shoogled" about from side to side 

Most of the cars I have owned in the past 15 years have had some sort of modifications done to the suspension, and I have had good results from Bilstien Sport shocks, either using original car springs or fitting new springs as well

Someone I have spoken to has suggested fitting a KW street comfort coilover kit - this is not only expensive, but I have not spoken to anyone who has actually fitted such a kit to a Q5

My priority is comfort with good driving characteristics - I do not want to feel every bump on the road

Has anyone experienced similar dis-satisfaction with the standard Q5 suspension, and made modifications which have delivered goods results - if yes, I would be eager to hear the details of the mods made

• 4 years later...