Engine juddering when accelerating FIXED

Joe2016

Hi all. I recently bought an a4 2.0tfsi qattro s line. Today after a longish drive I noticed there was like a delay in power when putting my foot down, the revs would jolt up after a slight hesitation then it would judder or vibrate at the same time. It only seems to do it in 4th and 5th gear and doesn't always judder. There doesn't seem to be too much issue with it until I put my foot down. 

Any ideas?

HI Joe...welcome to the Forum!

I would imaging that any driveability issues like the one you describe should bring up the Engine Management warning lamp and also store a fault code of the occurence.

If the light did come on, even momentarily I'm sure there will be a code stored in memory which can be read out with a code reader.

Let us know how you get on 

Regards,   Trevor - Admin

Fixed it. It needed a new Pressure relief valve. It's got rid of a few other issues as well. Other symptoms included, car wobbling side to side at a stand still, which got progressively worse. engine on or around 1200 revs after start up first thing, also it would judder a little when setting off in first like it was about to stall for a split second before I got going. Car running mint now. :)

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 7/8/2016 at 9:23 PM, Joe2016 said:

Fixed it. It needed a new Pressure relief valve. It's got rid of a few other issues as well. Other symptoms included, car wobbling side to side at a stand still, which got progressively worse. engine on or around 1200 revs after start up first thing, also it would judder a little when setting off in first like it was about to stall for a split second before I got going. Car running mint now. 🙂

Hey Joe,

Sorry for intervene in an older post.

Was it Fuel pressure control valve ? sorry if it is a stupid question.I am a newbie 🙂

Edited by Petrol head
Wrong name

Hello Jose, 

Wondered if your A8 has similar issues to those of the original poster’s A4.

If so, it may be well worth setting this up as a new thread, since the question is being asked of someone who has not returned to the forum for over 3 years. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 4 months later...