A3 2004 v6 Quattro Sport - Coilover question

BeardFour

I have a 2004 v6 quattro sport, the Audi rear shocks are leaking, my local garage have quoted £225 for OEM parts, fitted. It has got me thinking about upgrading to coilovers though, the current rideheight is fine as is but going a little lower would not be a problem.

I guess i'm looking for somthing that is an improvment on OEM, is proven quality but isnt going to cost the earth?

Any advice, even just on brands to look out for/avoid would be useful.  Is there any means of knowing if a particular set would fit my car?

Go for it...the way I see it if you are going to spend £225...that's £225 towards an upgraded suspension set up and has to be a move in the right direction.

There's a huge range of different parts here

http://www.audiownersclub.com/parts-results/A3-S3/Shock-Absorbers-Dampers/174092

Let us know which way your decision went

• 1 month later...

Thanks Trevor, and thanks for the link

Any advice on brands to look out for or avoid? like I say i dont necessarily want to lower the car as such, I'm liking the stance as is but if it has to drop slightly then so be it.

I'm hoping the track the car (very) occassionally so I need something predominantly for road - would OEM be a bad choice for track? Any recomendations on road bias with a touch of track - suspension setups?