Serious Fuel issues

benminers

Hi. I recently purchased a 2014 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi ultra black edition, which I believe is the latest 190PS engine. I was told the car would do around 60MPG combined, which I understand is never going to be realistic but still I would expect 50MPG when driven carefully on a long run. Now the car is mostly used by my wife to do short 2-3 mile journeys daily, mostly school runs and trips to the supermarket. Now I know this sort of driving is not going to give the best MPG, but I am only getting around 34MPG and in some instances 25-30MPG. I bought the car partly for its MPG, but this is crazy as it costs £80 to fill up and doesn't take long for it to need refilling. The car is driven slowly in ECO mode, but is this correct that I am getting such a low MPG?

I hope someone else can shed some light if they have had similar experiences as I am seriously considering selling it for something more fuel efficient for this type of driving. Any thoughts on a alternative car would be much appreciated.

thanks

Ben

Hi Ben....welcome to the Forum

There have been numerous posts on here recently about the poor mpg figures being delivered by the diesel engined Audi's.

Do wonder if its something to do with the recent emissions scandal or whether there is something wrong with the fuel quality lately.

I am getting significantly less mpg on one of my other cars (Honda CR-V cdti) which was always delivering an average of 44mpg at any point in time....now is won't go above 37mpg no matter what. First thought are to service it to improve the smooth running of the engine to try to increase it but thought I may try higher grade (more expensive) fuel on offer in the stations to see if it makes any difference.

Only other suggestion I could make is to consider a remap which should improve mpg figures?

Cheers   Trevor