PRNDS FLASHING

iano1981

hi folks please can you help.

i purchased my 2004 audi a6 avant a few days ago. it first started when the engine acceleration dropped and the car came to a stop with PRNDS flashing. i placed in park and restarted engine then it drove fine again but with the lights still flashing. the day after the light went off but have since come back on and stayed on. it does not really affect the driving, maybe jerky when pulling off, and when i was was on along journey the other day the revs and acceleration dropped and i had to stop and restart the car - only seemed to do this when i was travelling at 70/80 when slower it did  not seem to cut out.

I have googled it and it sounds like a gearbox ecu? does this sound right? and where are they located as heard maybe in A post or someone said on gearbox itself? i have seen repair services on eBay - can i remove the part easily myself?  or is there anyone on here that does this around the midlands area - im in stoke.

thanks

ian

Hi Ian

Exactly as Brad-B5 has said...get a scan on the electronics to determine what it is....could be something simple like a sensor needs replacing.

Let us know how this goes

Cheers  Trevor

• 3 months later...

I  have a similar problem, except with mine the PRNDS comes on permanently(limp mode) & I can't use the manual 123456, but drives fine in Auto(inc Sports mode). Seems to happen more during the Winter months. Audi reckon mine is a corroded earth somewhere and in damp weather cause's the gearbox software to glitch. They did a full diagnostic check & found no fault with Gearbox.Advised could cost a fortune to trace the faulty earth.

• Like 1