Hey, Im new!!!

Philk

Hello,

Im new to Audi's and this forum, but on Sunday traded the astra diesel 1.7 05 estate in for a Audi a4 avant 05 2.0 fsi quattro. Vey happy with the car, its silver 77k mileage £5k. 

The drive is so good, takes the bumps the best I have experienced, nice amount of power, never had 6th gear before. Handles the road like its on rails.

Only downside to my purchase is rear window washer not working, heated seats not working, heater isn't warm for a while inside car. Some scuffs to the rear interior boot area. But taking car back to get all things looked at bar the scuffs.

My first purchase is premium rubber floor mats from catmats4u, also wanted to ask ppl what oil does the engine take? Also wanted to ask about getting engine chipped and ppl's experience on that for the 2.0 turbo B7's. Does it effect mpg? Is there a choice of either more power or more mpg? What is your experience with the cost to insurance? Many thanks.

Hi Philip

Welcome to the forum!

Great car choice, a lot different to Vauxhall, glad you're enjoying the car! 

The oil I'm not sure, it should say in the owners manual unless someone else comments on this. If you're thinking of a remap, then if it's diesel go for it! it will benefit hugely from it :)

Insurance I'm not sure I have a 2000 plate A4 so it will be different in price plus age and location too.

Regards

Bradley

Hi Philip....welcome to the Forum

Here is a link to an oil selector from Castrol  http://www.castrol.com/

Remaps always improve things, especially driveability and economy.  Here is a link to a review I did on a Tuning Box and it mentions Insurance policies.  http://www.audiownersclub.com/news/reviews/club-reviews/product-reviews/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

Keep us updated on how you get on with it all

Cheers   Trevor