Autoglym products

Guys i though i share my views on autoglym as i have been using this brand for years now. , just briliant ! Easy to use and a bottle last forever. Got them from local halfords over a year ago and still have more then half a bottle left 

Cleaning steps, in total 5h 

1.rinse and snow foam( carplan foam ) 2. Wheel wash 3.body wash  and rinse 4. Clay bar 5. Tar remover 6. Super resin polish 7. Wet wax 8.extra gloss protection to seal all good work :) . On glass i used rainex 2in1

20170507_155306.jpg

Screenshot_20170507-154442.png

Screenshot_20170507-154448.png

Screenshot_20170507-154402.png

Screenshot_20170507-154427.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

mmm, nice shiney paintwork.

Been wondering what product's best for the metallic paint. Have to see if I can get the same shine as you :yes:

I've always used autoglym on all my soft tops & will soon start doing so on the A3 roof.

Lovely job. I starting using Autoglym when I had hair, and that's a long time ago! I've tried others from time to time, but always returned to it. I'm not saying it's the best, but I find it to be good enough. 

The comment about metallic, generally doesn't apply any more (and hasn't for a couple of decades) since all the finishes - metallic and 'solid' - are now to the system of clear-over-base, where the colour is overcoated with the clear gloss lacquer. The polishes therefore do not 'attack' the metallic colour as it used to, but simply cleans/polishes the lacquer, so little cause for concern. 

I did find their leather cleaner and balm to be very good on no.2 car of the same model, when I had a fairly brief John Prescott period a year or so ago! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

14 minutes ago, Magnet said:

The polishes therefore do not 'attack' the metallic colour as it used to, but simply cleans/polishes the lacquer, so little cause for concern. 

I did find their leather cleaner and balm to be very good on no.2 car of the same model, when I had a fairly brief John Prescott period a year or so ago! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

It's many years since I had a metallic paint car, usually had solid stuff :-) so that's good to hear.

I also had a Prescott period a while back, but an old one (3.8 S type). like driving in a very old rusty gentleman's club armchair :wink3: but then I suppose I am now an old gentleman :wink1: I'm teaching the grandchildren to behave badly :yahoo:

12 hours ago, Magnet said:

Lovely job. I starting using Autoglym when I had hair, and that's a long time ago! I've tried others from time to time, but always returned to it. I'm not saying it's the best, but I find it to be good enough. 

The comment about metallic, generally doesn't apply any more (and hasn't for a couple of decades) since all the finishes - metallic and 'solid' - are now to the system of clear-over-base, where the colour is overcoated with the clear gloss lacquer. The polishes therefore do not 'attack' the metallic colour as it used to, but simply cleans/polishes the lacquer, so little cause for concern. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Haha, Prescott period - that's brilliant! 😁

The original S Types I guess Joe, when you refer to rusty. Nice. My Prescott involvement was with a pair of the more modern aluminium bodied ones - body weight being the same as the Toyota Varis. Still have the one. That gets Autoglymed! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

that's correct Gareth, the old'un. quite fast with auto & brakes that faded to nothing after 3 hard applications; made driving hard quite interesting.

Your Jag is a pretty smart looking model in my opinion & I bet the V8 was a flyer. :yes:

On 5/7/2017 at 3:58 PM, niedzial1983 said:

Guys i though i share my views on autoglym as i have been using this brand for years now. , just briliant ! Easy to use and a bottle last forever. Got them from local halfords over a year ago and still have more then half a bottle left 

Cleaning steps, in total 5h 

1.rinse and snow foam( carplan foam ) 2. Wheel wash 3.body wash  and rinse 4. Clay bar 5. Tar remover 6. Super resin polish 7. Wet wax 8.extra gloss protection to seal all good work :) . On glass i used rainex 2in1

20170507_155306.jpg

Screenshot_20170507-154442.png

Screenshot_20170507-154448.png

Screenshot_20170507-154402.png

I cannot use clay bars any more because, due to dodgy fingers I'm always dropping them. I have used a clay mitt on the last car with "solid" paint; is that ok to use on my metallic?

Totally fine to use on metallic as it's covered in a clear coat lacquer.

I use Bilt Hamber clay bar. It's very soft so easy to grip. A good tip though is have a big peice of cardboard under area you are using it so if it drops it stays clean 👍

Always remember to at least wash car again with a wax wash but much better to polish to protect the clean paintwork. It's amazing how many times people forget to polish thinking the clay bar is a final thing. (Not saying you do mate though)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Totally fine to use on metallic as it's covered in a clear coat lacquer.

I use Bilt Hamber clay bar. It's very soft so easy to grip. A good tip though is have a big peice of cardboard under area you are using it so if it drops it stays clean 👍

Always remember to at least wash car again with a wax wash but much better to polish to protect the clean paintwork. It's amazing how many times people forget to polish thinking the clay bar is a final thing. (Not saying you do mate though)

thanks Dan, never thought to place cardboard on floor. Doh ! :smile: 

I usually wash it after clay to get rid of anything then microfibre then polish. I love a shiney car,

my last MX5 this year = 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Cott said:

thanks Dan, never thought to place cardboard on floor. Doh ! :smile: 

I usually wash it after clay to get rid of anything then microfibre then polish. I love a shiney car,

my last MX5 this year = 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Wow!!

3 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

I am going to try Gtechniq products. I like the idea of having to do nothing but wash with water for 6 months 🤔😃

looks brilliant but I'm just a poor pensioner :yahoo:

• 11 months later...

Top tip dont forget you have cleaning products in your car, in this weather how this lot never exploded is beyond me, now safe in a cool place lol

20180702_184803.jpg

• Thanks 1