Got Audi A3 from 2011 year S-tronic and it has no AUX ?!?!? Are they joking?

Peto Pedro

Everybody says audi is one of the top class and looks like it has no normal standard interfaces /peripherals ?

The seat from 2008 has it .. ridiculous audi shame on you 

Any ideas how to fit aux ? I need to connect HP jack to my android phone ..!

12 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

If gadget connections are so important to you, why buy a car without checking such things first?

It isn't priority of course but I just enjoying car and now I decided to connect freakin phone bcos radio music is sht .. I don't listen commercial music  but specific .. And was looking for aux and nowhere to be found .. so .. many ppl on youtube has same issue ..   So what are solutions..?

3 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

You have many options open to you:

[1] Buy a different car.

[2] Learn to like radio.

[3] Enjoy silence on your journey.

U fkin D-HEAD ar ya

Welcome to the forum Peter :)

depending on your radio you probably can get it activated on the computer or get a plug in, into the back of the radio. 

Or finally you can get a Bluetooth kit. You'll probs be looking around £150-£300 approx. From companies such as parrot. 

I have found Audi don't put as much kit in as standard as they base there vehicle price on quality instead of gadgets if that makes sense? 

Hence why seats and slides will Have it. 

Hope iv helped 

cheers

Steve  

4 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

You have many options open to you:

[1] Buy a different car.

[2] Learn to like radio.

[3] Enjoy silence on your journey.

not particularly helpful and neither was your first post. although yeah a check before buying would have been good. 

What model is it Pedro?? as said, Audi don;t include a lot on base models but there are options available to you to retro fir a connection, just depends how much you want to spend ,

Hello Steve and Rbdazza

Thank you for reply and help appreciate it..  Model of car is audi a3 2011 s-tronic 2.0 170 horsepower.. Black edition 5 dor automatic 

I have purchased this aux with cable on eBay..  I might get it connected.. But there is no option to enable aux in the radio? How I will connect it to PC? Is there any sortware? Connect it to usb?  One more thing ; I purchased keys for removing radio from dash board.. 

Screenshot_20170605-153212.png

I have seen these fitted to a3s. Normally people fit them near to the blanking plates on the centre console on the dash. Normally above the radio if that makes sense. 

Im unsure if you have to update the software but I believe you plug it in the back of the radio. 

Cheers

steve

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Steve Q said:

I have seen these fitted to a3s. Normally people fit them near to the blanking plates on the centre console on the dash. Normally above the radio if that makes sense. 

Im unsure if you have to update the software but I believe you plug it in the back of the radio. 

Cheers

steve

Hi exactly I was thinking I will use one of those empty sapces  .. :)  Oh one more thing .. how do I know if I have 8P model audi ? is mine 8p ?

thnx

Great minds think alike ;) 

yes it will be if it's the 2011 model. They didn't change the shape until 2012 :) 

you can always check the image on here. As in each vehicle model has the image of the model associated with it, if that makes sense. In failing that have a look on Wikipedia or google images :)

cheers 

steve 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Peto Pedro said:

Hello Guys 

Check this out :) 

IMG_20170617_230204.jpg

IMG_20170617_230155.jpg

Very smart and better than that other aux socket you were going to buy :) 

glad you got sorted :) 

cheers

steve

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Very smart and better than that other aux socket you were going to buy :) 

glad you got sorted :) 

cheers

steve

yes because that what I bought was not fittable .. 

• 8 months later...
On 05/06/2017 at 3:08 PM, rbdazza said:

not particularly helpful and neither was your first post. although yeah a check before buying would have been good. 

What model is it Pedro?? as said, Audi don;t include a lot on base models but there are options available to you to retro fir a connection, just depends how much you want to spend ,

The remarks by CliffCoggin were hilarious. How clever and what a Kentish wit. Despite them Ive joined the forum today and look forward to a positive and useful interaction with other A3 owners. Adrian.  

30 minutes ago, AdrianMax said:

The remarks by CliffCoggin were hilarious. How clever and what a Kentish wit. Despite them Ive joined the forum today and look forward to a positive and useful interaction with other A3 owners. Adrian.  

Hi glad you here .. 

Wasn't here long time  I made few more things  bought pioneer radio and installed usb and mic  

got nice cool digital charger :)

IMG_20180316_100616.jpg

IMG_20180316_100633.jpg

36 minutes ago, AdrianMax said:

Pedro that look superb. How did you get the usb socket into the dashboard blank??

Ive gone the whole hog and booked in for Apple Car play for my iPhone 6. 

A

It was  bit  messy job .. pioneer supply 2 cables usb because radio has two usbs  one for android one for iphone .. I have android so I connected only android usb as there was no space left for second usb

I removed that plastic cover and drilled  and drilled holes then had to file it to usb rectangle shape ..  and glued it to stop moving .. had to make bigger hole in that socket to feed cable through. Mic was easy because thin cable and is circle so I drilled hole only with drill ..