I want to buy a Audi A3 but I have some questions :)

LaurenP

Hi, I have no knowledge in cars but I am planning to buy an AUDI A3 because why the hell not. I have been driving a crappy Vauxhall for 7 years now and I think it's time to change. 

I want a 5DR Hatchback (Automatic) so does that mean I need to get the 'Sports version'? I also want Sat NAV (must have) and I want the newest facelift model, but how do I know if I am looking at the old facelift or new facelift model? When did the new facelift model come out like what reg plate? I am not planning to buy a 2017 plate but am looking to buy a 2016 plate.

Also, do all the basic specs come by default or do I have to buy them separately? i.e sat nav, cruise control, and sensors etc. 

There are so many A3 models and I don't know which one to get. I really appreciate the help.

Thank you! :yahoo:

2 hours ago, LaurenP said:

Hi, I have no knowledge in cars but I am planning to buy an AUDI A3 because why the hell not. I have been driving a crappy Vauxhall for 7 years now and I think it's time to change. 

I want a 5DR Hatchback (Automatic) so does that mean I need to get the 'Sports version'? I also want Sat NAV (must have) and I want the newest facelift model, but how do I know if I am looking at the old facelift or new facelift model? When did the new facelift model come out like what reg plate? I am not planning to buy a 2017 plate but am looking to buy a 2016 plate.

Also, do all the basic specs come by default or do I have to buy them separately? i.e sat nav, cruise control, and sensors etc. 

There are so many A3 models and I don't know which one to get. I really appreciate the help.

Thank you! :yahoo:

Welcome to the forum Lauren :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

if you want a decent spec then you'd be better off going for an S Line model. You'll get more features and I believe cruise control is standard on the S Line. 

Normally satnav is extra or Is found with a technology pack. You can tell if an a3 has sat nav when scrolling through the multi media system. If it hasn't got sat nav then it will be blanked out. 

Sensors are often extra too but you'll find if you find a a3 with genuine fitted sensors then they will come up on the screen. As in when your reversing a picture of a a3 will appear from a birds eye view and will show you how close your getting to any object. 

What engine are you after? 

If it's diesel I'd avoid the 1.6 as I found it under powered

hope iv helped :) 

cheers 

steve

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Lauren :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

if you want a decent spec then you'd be better off going for an S Line model. You'll get more features and I believe cruise control is standard on the S Line. 

Normally satnav is extra or Is found with a technology pack. You can tell if an a3 has sat nav when scrolling through the multi media system. If it hasn't got sat nav then it will be blanked out. 

Sensors are often extra too but you'll find if you find a a3 with genuine fitted sensors then they will come up on the screen. As in when your reversing a picture of a a3 will appear from a birds eye view and will show you how close your getting to any object. 

What engine are you after? 

If it's diesel I'd avoid the 1.6 as I found it under powered

hope iv helped :) 

cheers 

steve

Hii Steve

oh I see.

2.0 engine and automatic is my preferred engine. My budget is under £19k pref £17-18 or under. 2016 plate because I want the new facelift model :)

is that possible?

22 minutes ago, LaurenP said:

Hii Steve

oh I see.

2.0 engine and automatic is my preferred engine. My budget is under £19k pref £17-18 or under. 2016 plate because I want the new facelift model :)

is that possible?

Yea should easily be possible :) 

cheers

steve

1 hour ago, LaurenP said:

Ahh can't find any in my price range :(

do you know any good Audi dealers online? I use auto trader but not many on the website :(

Try the car supermarkets such as available car or motorpoint :) 

2 hours ago, LaurenP said:

still nothing :(

If your struggling then you may need to look at a car that's slightly older or with more miles on it. 

Im assuming you've tried eBay and Audi approved used?

Hello Lauren,

I like Steve's idea of wandering into you local Audi dealer and asking them to search their database for cars that fit  your requirements. This might mean some travelling to see what you want (personally I would not buy from photos) but at least it might give you a choice. 

Good luck,

Gareth.

• Like 1