Saharan dust

WPAWS

So i spend most of Sunday washing cleaning and polishing my car getting it ready for Castle Combe only to wake this morning to find it covered in Saharan dust, i`m now back to square one.

My Audi is nothing special when it comes to Audis but still i want it to look great on the day, i guess i`ll have to start over lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad-B5 said:

Hi Paul

Bummer man, that's annoying! and every Audi is a special Audi in my mind :)

Kind regards

Bradley

Ya ur right Brad, in my eyes too my Audi is special to me :) 

So it was Saharan dust on my car!

i was wondering why the dust from the dirt road at Audis in the park hadn't washed off despite the rain lol 

wow Paul! You're good at being organised! Mine won't even get cleaned until the the week before at the earliest! 

Theres no point for me to do it early due to the miles I do. 

Sorry you'll have to start again, but at least it'll be extra clean! ;) 

and in terms of your Audi not being special, I agree with Brad. They are special to their owners and anyone seeing the cars at any show will appreciate that! 

As brad said it's all about the memories you've had and I can tell you that's what givenit the sentimental value ;) 

cheers

steve 

• Like 1

Polishing and washing is one but have protected the work you did ? Any wax sealants ?

Best way to wash this off is snowfoam as it will break down the dirt

This is me having fun with carplan snowfoam 

Clearcoat is porous so each time you clean or polish you remove all dirt from the creaters , hence better shine and paint underneeth is more visible. Wax or sealant is used to fill in pours creating a smooth finish so dirt dust sticks less. 

• Thanks 1

My friend who lived in Dubai and where obviously there was an abundance of desert sand in the air, he would always instruct the parking/valet guys not to clean his car (Lamborghini) and all he would do it use a feather duster to remove the sand without scratching the paintwork...seemed to work okay

@niedzial1983Got them all over, dents and scratches from other cars I'm far from caring as much now, if it was a newer car I'd think twice and take more care in cleaning it and be more anal about it all. Still looks.fine but close up just has loads of little.scratches and swirls so.dont bother too much. Still looks fine :)