Audi A8L Preview

Tran$porter

Hi,

I was invited to go to the launch of a new dealership and the unveiling of the new model A8l.  I was very impressed with the new dealership "Oldham Audi, Manchester" a fine facility, with welcoming and friendly staff.  The workshops are transparent and immaculate and most of all I got to see this beauty! What does everyone think of the new model?

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

IMG_8143.JPG

• Like 1

I kind of agree Rob, it did have that feel about it it was still a stunning looking car but it appeared to narrow of to the front and rear slightly more than its predecessor. Making it feel more American, I'm not too sure about the virtual interior either I like the feel of Audi switchgear and love analogue displays, not sure I'm ready to ditch that yet. Still it was very beautiful to look at and felt every bit the A8.

1 minute ago, Paul A6 said:

Nice looking car but way would they display a left hand drive  A8l?

It was the grand unveiling and apparently the only vehicle available to display was brought in from Germany to display, hence the left hand drive. I'm not sure there are any others in the country yet.

2 minutes ago, Tran$porter said:

I don't think they forgot, apparently this one is doing the rounds at the dealers for a while. I should have asked what the pre order time was.

and price if i had the money i would buy one :yes:

21 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

and price if i had the money i would buy one :yes:

The price isnt revealed as yet its TBC, The build procedure at Oldham Audi Is quite stunning, you build the car / colour / leather / wood and options then look at the vehicle through a VR headset to see how it all looks together once all things are chosen it will spit out a price, I would imagine a well loaded one will circa £100k but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I looks alright, I do have to agree that they seem to be targeting the American market both with the exterior and interior. That virtual reality head set thing to look at your spec choice sounds quite good. But then again you want to make sure it's right if your spend £100,000+ on a car! 

I bet it was an amazing experience going to the unavailing Fraser :) 

I agree with everyone else here, defo targeted at Americans, but I love the interior but the outer shell I'm not too keen on, still it's an Audi it will be good ;)