Advice - How much should I pay?

Guzza

Hi all!

I am looking at buying a new Audi A3 Sportback but like everyone want to get it at 'THE BEST PRICE' I can possibly get.

Luckily, one of the dealers I have already been in to register with has called me to say they are having a 'cost price plus £1' event this weekend (although I expect this will be a September promotion).

I have spec'd up a car I would ideally like to have (yes, it is very high spec!!)...

uk.audi.com/A1VVP2L8 <-- copy into browser

1) do you prefer Cosmos Blue or Daytona Grey and why? (personal preference but I am always interested)

2) what do you think is the cost price of the above model?

3) what would you try and negotiate into the deal (expected purchase/lower price, extras like mats/light up door sills etc)?

4) Are there any options you would add/remove from my spec?

My budget is unbelievable far away from that list price so I don't want to go in there looking like a fool or end up with an inferior model!

For those who don't want to/can't click link:-

A3 Sportback S-Line 1.5 TFSI
S-Tronic
Metallic Paint
Seqeunce Cloth/Leather Interior (w/ Interior Lighting Pack now as standard)
Technology Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Drivers Assistance Pack
Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack
Non Smoking Pack (standard)
Storage Pack (standard)
Advanced Key
Folding Door Mirrors
Privacy Glass
Rear-view Camera

Thanks all in advance,

Guzza

Hey Guzza, that colour choice is hard as they are both nice! Blue will stand out more and from a personal point of view I'd probs go blue as I know it's my wife's favourite car colour! 

Dont get me wrong the grey is an amazing colour and is one of the best grey colours out there, but grey is still a common car colour. 

The question is, can you compromise on that spec? 

And I think you'd be lucky if Audi throw anything in! 

But I'm saying that you'd might be better waiting until December or January to change as this is the time the dealers struggle to shift stock. 

Have you test driven one yet? 

Cheers

steve

Hi Guzza

My personal choice is Daytona Grey. 

I ordered mine in May. As I didn't have a part-ex I got a quote off Drive the Deal which was about 15% off the list price. I took a screenshot with me and showed it to my local dealer expecting them to chase me away, but they agreed to match it much to my surprise. The price paid was slightly less than the basic price. I effectively  got my options free. 

In terms of spec, mine is similar to yours. The Tech Pack is great. The navigation on the virtual cockpit screen is amazing. I wanted the front parking sensors and heated seats so the Comfort and Sound pack meant the B&O sound system was a bargain. I went for the convenience key, mainly because I was used to the push button start on my X1, but the keyless entry is so convenient. I went for the folding mirrors as I like the way the passenger one tilts when you reverse. I also went for the sunroof which brightens up the interior. I considered the reversing camera and maybe some of the tech stuff but decided against it in the end.

As Steve said, I would be surprised if you can get anything thrown in. Mats are standard and you get illuminated door sills with the S-line (the Audi ring puddle lights are extra).

Phil

IMG_0116.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Audi greys are really nice. I have the Monsoon grey while is similar to the Daytona and it’s really nice IRL. Photos don’t really do it justice. On the other hand blue is my favourite colour and the cosmos blue is nice too. I think the blue may show up any scratches more though.