2017 Audi Build/Delivery Times Accuracy

Rob.J

Hi All,

I am very excited to have ordered my new A3 Sportback a couple of weeks ago.

The 'YourAudi' tracker is currently saying that my build is expected to begin on 28th November, which I assume means delivery towards the end of December, which seems an awfully long time away!! (Patience is not my greatest virtue...)

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered an A3 or any other model in recent times, and how accurate they found these dates to be? From a bit of googling it seems these dates can swing about fairly wildly? The dealer predicted delivery by the end of November when ordering..

Any info much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Rob

Welcome to the forum Rob :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Your right in saying the delivery times can range massively and from other members on here it seems they often arrive late. Sorry to say. 

But to be fair it all depends on what extras you ordered. For example you'll wait longer if you ordered a sunroof.

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve

1 minute ago, Rob.J said:

Thanks Steve! 

I guess we can but wait and see! In terms of spec, it’s fairly standard (Sportback, Sport, Black, with  Technology Pack and slightly upgraded alloy wheels). 

Sounds nice :) hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a delay :) 

Keep us posted as to how you get on and when it arrives :) 

Cheers

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered A4 S Line all bells and whistles...

Got confirmation email stating build starts 16/10/17 which is great except.... checked myaudi site this morning and nothing had changed still stated "order received" showed a friend this afternoon how I can track what is happening only to see to my surprise that it had jumped to  "Quality Control". I do hope this is true as it will hopefully mean I will get my new car sooner rather than later.

:yahoo:

Welcome to the forum Gary :) 

Nice to see a fellow member from Leicester on here! ;) we'll have to do a meet up once you get it! :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I'd say you'll be waiting at least a couple of weeks. Bet you can't wait to get your a4! 

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Hi Steve,

Thanks, yes chomping at the bit as they say... thinking of camping out at the dealership till it arrives but its getting cold at night so will have to wait a bit longer.

All I can think of, since it jumped a few steps and completed before start date is that its a cancellation that only needed a few software changes, as like I said I went all out. 

Want to play with all those nice toys, so many youtube videos to watch and learn how everything works.

Like the idea of the "Advanced Key" since it takes for ever to get the seat right after it has been valeted .

You're welcome :) and I'm not surprised! 

Yea could be, or they hadn't updated the tracker system correctly. 

Having the advanced key feature would be very expensive. Your best bet is having g it fitted whilst it's being built. 

Cheers

Steve 

55 minutes ago, Rob.J said:

Update: After the build week moved to 4th December, the build week has now moved forward by 3 weeks to mid November!

That's good to hear Rob! :) Bet you can't wait! :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Audi do not seem to use the tracker the same way we would as mine was built and on a train before my build date, also received an email today saying that is on a boat but it has already arrived in the UK and Agent has said I can collect it either next Monday/Tuesday :yahoo:

Its a shame the tracker does not actually track the vehicle, wait till you want all the tracking codes so you can see which ship it is on, watching those ships cross the North Sea day after day and guessing if it is actually on there 

• 2 weeks later...

Well have taken delivery of a great car took 7 weeks from order to pick up, still playing with all the gadgets that I had installed :yahoo:

Was scary first time I used the parking assistant but hey it didn't crass into the car next too it and parked it perfectly, as for the ACC well that takes a bit more getting used to, not being in control when it starts to brake is unnerving at first but what a great addition to the car.

Going on first road trip tomorrow then off to Dorset on Sunday so will play all the way. :velho:

Glad you're pleased Gary :) and enjoy the road trip :) 

We'll have to arrange a Leicester meet up.with other members! :) 

Cheers

Steve

16 minutes ago, AwaitingAudi said:

Well have taken delivery of a great car took 7 weeks from order to pick up, still playing with all the gadgets that I had installed :yahoo:

Was scary first time I used the parking assistant but hey it didn't crass into the car next too it and parked it perfectly, as for the ACC well that takes a bit more getting used to, not being in control when it starts to brake is unnerving at first but what a great addition to the car.

Going on first road trip tomorrow then off to Dorset on Sunday so will play all the way. :velho:

• 2 weeks later...

Update! Car is now in quality control! :yahoo:

I understand that the cars can sometimes get bogged down in QC? Once it moves to ‘in transit’ and the car leaves the factory, how long should I expect until the car arrives at the dealership? 

Very exciting! 

2 hours ago, Rob.J said:

Also, once it’s on a boat, is it possible to track it as it moves to the UK? Not that I’m inpatient at all..... :whistling1:

Hey Rob I don't believe so. Unless you know the ships name then you can track it via ship spotting or similar shipping websites :) 

I wouldn't have guessed that you've impatient lol 😂

Mine was stuck in QC for about 10 days but then once left the factory it took about 10 days to get to the UK

As for tracking the ship you can use http://www.marinetraffic.com find EMDEN and see which ship is in dock, you could also try searching for the following

EMS Highway

Weser Highway

As these seem to be the ships that visit the UK the most mine arrived on Weser Highway

Once you have he ship you can track it across the North Sea to the port closest to your location.

It will drive you mad when the tracker says "Left the factory"  

Good luck and enjoy

8 hours ago, AwaitingAudi said:

Mine was stuck in QC for about 10 days but then once left the factory it took about 10 days to get to the UK

As for tracking the ship you can use http://www.marinetraffic.com find EMDEN and see which ship is in dock, you could also try searching for the following

EMS Highway

Weser Highway

As these seem to be the ships that visit the UK the most mine arrived on Weser Highway

Once you have he ship you can track it across the North Sea to the port closest to your location.

It will drive you mad when the tracker says "Left the factory"  

Good luck and enjoy

Marine traffic! That's the other one I was trying to think of, nice one Gary!! :) 

Glad the road trip went well! You'll have to write a road trip report in the road trip section :) I'd love to read it!!! :) 

Also we'll have to do a Leicester meet, I'm thinking another rolling road day if you're interested? :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Hi Guys! So I've just checked the order status by using https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/********     and I get the below status:

{"responseInfo":{"code":0,"desc":"Success"},"data":{"orderNumber":"27XXXXX",
"orderStatus":"30","deliveryDealerCode":"007XX","
orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2017-11-13T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2017-11-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2017-11-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2017-11-09T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-10-25T01:06:54+0100"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-09-20T01:07:43+0100"},{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-05-25T01:11:46+0100"}],"vehicleData":{"make":"Audi","model":"A3 Sportback","modelVariant":"Sport 1.0 TFSI","modelVersion":"0","modelYear":"2018"," etc etc

Am I right is saying this is indeed saying that the car is now at status 30 and that 'Order Status 30' means that it has now left the factory? If so, interestingly, Your Audi still shows the car as being in QC!

Many thanks as always!

Rob

Hi Rob.

Yes status 30 means that it has left the factory and more likely on a train to Emden "Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'" however the tracker does not update as quickly and it may take a day or so for it to register. I found this part the most frustrating. What I found was that when the tracker changed status my car had actually arrived at Emden and was waiting for a ship

Hope this helps, this is the time when you watch the clock waiting for status 70 and collection day.