Hit and run

Patrico777

Only bad luck since I got new car someone hit me and went no camers no witness been quoted £500 to repair no dent only in door !! So upset and worried u think it be ok after repair ??

C5653B83-435E-4D61-BE77-E237D2B19E60.jpeg

Hello Patrick,

Very sorry to hear about this.

Life is strange and levelling at times. You are having good fortune regarding minimum outlay to get the mechanical bits done, then you find yourself in a situation of having to pay for something which was certainly not your fault. 

".... u think it will be OK after repair??  

OK in what respect Patrick? Structurally, it's minor damage, so problem there. If you are questioning the quality of the repair, then I would think it highly unlikely that anyone on here would be able to answer that unless someone happens to have experience of the particular body shop you are going to use -around Margate? 

As much as £500 is, I would have thought that this price is certainly not expensive in relation to the work and materials involved - I would be surprised if they don't end up spraying the whole side of the car.

As I see it, what is important to you is the standard of the repair, so it would probably be more helpful if you posted a new thread with a title "Anyone know of a good body shop in the Margate area?" 

It is often useful to visit the used car sales sites in your area and ask them for recommendations on good body shops. These chaps know who is good and not so good and who are competitive. I would advise that you take this somewhere where you have had recommendations from someone else with regard to the quality of their repairs.

Good luck,

Gareth.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Patrick,

Very sorry to hear about this.

Life is strange and levelling at times. You are having good fortune regarding minimum outlay to get the mechanical bits done, then you find yourself in a situation of having to pay for something which was certainly not your fault. 

".... u think it will be OK after repair??  

OK in what respect Patrick? Structurally, it's minor damage, so problem there. If you are questioning the quality of the repair, then I would think it highly unlikely that anyone on here would be able to answer that unless someone happens to have experience of the particular body shop you are going to use -around Margate? 

As much as £500 is, I would have thought that this price is certainly not expensive in relation to the work and materials involved - I would be surprised if they don't end up spraying the whole side of the car.

As I see it, what is important to you is the standard of the repair, so it would probably be more helpful if you posted a new thread with a title "Anyone know of a good body shop in the Margate area?" 

It is often useful to visit the used car sales sites in your area and ask them for recommendations on good body shops. These chaps know who is good and not so good and who are competitive. I would advise that you take this somewhere where you have had recommendations from someone else with regard to the quality of their repairs.

Good luck,

Gareth.

Thank you for getting back its garage that my good friend knows very well its decend garage price is as he send me to the owner and spoke to him direct other wise 700-800 repair 

I think you have answered your own question Patrick. If you are happy to take your freiend's advice, and he is happy with the repairers, then that must be fine with you I guess. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Magnet said:

I think you have answered your own question Patrick. If you are happy to take your freiend's advice, and he is happy with the repairers, then that must be fine with you I guess. 

Yes its but worried still will it be the same ??? After repair im so worried 😱

If only the paint is damaged, not the metal, then one of the mobile "scratch and paint" repairers that come out to you should be able to deal with the problem for two or three hundred quid. However it is hard to imagine that a scratch that runs across a door pillar and the edge of a wheel arch could do so without creasing the metal. If the repair truly is expensive it may be worth claiming on insurance if you have comprehensive.

13 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

If only the paint is damaged, not the metal, then one of the mobile "scratch and paint" repairers that come out to you should be able to deal with the problem for two or three hundred quid. However it is hard to imagine that a scratch that runs across a door pillar and the edge of a wheel arch could do so without creasing the metal. If the repair truly is expensive it may be worth claiming on insurance if you have comprehensive.

Its £500 to repair there is dent in door and little dent on arch he said he can get it to 99% as before wont even notice so hopefully it will be good job dont want to claim through insurance premium goes up then😥

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Sorry you've had this, you've really had some bad luck with this a3! 

£500 doesn't sound d too bad to be honest. 

Cheers

Steve 

Yes atm at audi garage they fixing the egr and thursday going to bodyshop to sort that out im so upset and wasted too much money for this stupid car hopefully it will be ok end of this week and I can fully enjoy it 😤😤😤

I know what your going through. I'm in the same boat with my a6 currently. It is both frustrating and upsetting! 

I can't say too much on mine currently due to the ongoing sarga but once it's done I'll do a whole topic of my story. Needless to say it's caused chaos ATM for me. So I can fully sympathise with you.

Let's hope it gets sorted quickly 

Cheers

Steve 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

I know what your going through. I'm in the same boat with my a6 currently. It is both frustrating and upsetting! 

I can't say too much on mine currently due to the ongoing sarga but once it's done I'll do a whole topic of my story. Needless to say it's caused chaos ATM for me. So I can fully sympathise with you.

Let's hope it gets sorted quickly 

Cheers

Steve 

What wrong with your ? Mine since I got it just issues lol cambelt then egr now this hit ! I just want it to be all done and be calm as its stressing as u said wasting time and money !

4 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

What wrong with your ? Mine since I got it just issues lol cambelt then egr now this hit ! I just want it to be all done and be calm as its stressing as u said wasting time and money !

Well in basic terms £6000 has been spent on mine in 18months and someone crashed into the back of me. I was slowing down to 20mph in a 30mph zone for a car turning ahead of me and a Volvo hit me doing approx 50mph. My a6 got shunted down the road and now I'm looking at mine being written off. I'm getting it rebuilt however. 

I'll be doing a whole topic on this once it's sorted though as I don't want to affect legal proceedings. 

15 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Well in basic terms £6000 has been spent on mine in 18months and someone crashed into the back of me. I was slowing down to 20mph in a 30mph zone for a car turning ahead of me and a Volvo hit me doing approx 50mph. My a6 got shunted down the road and now I'm looking at mine being written off. I'm getting it rebuilt however. 

I'll be doing a whole topic on this once it's sorted though as I don't want to affect legal proceedings. 

Oh crap!!! Spend that much money on it then some idiot hit it ! Same happend to me last year was giving way to bus and one idiot hit me in back was write off! I hope u get yours fixed !

28 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Oh crap!!! Spend that much money on it then some idiot hit it ! Same happend to me last year was giving way to bus and one idiot hit me in back was write off! I hope u get yours fixed !

Oh dont worry my a6 is being rebuilt, love the car too much! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

I hate to think what your insurance premiums are if it is cheaper to pay the £500 yourself.

They want 450 excess spoke to them so gonna do it myself no hassle

• Like 1

£400 to £450 total excess is now becoming the norm so it seems ( (£150 compulsory + £250 vol.) in this cheapest quote wins game. Comparison sites often come up with this sort of level and higher, and quote for cover without any of the "used to be normaly covered" things like legal cover, courtesy cars etc. 

If I've got this right Patrick ".... Spoke to them so gonna to do it myself no hassle" means that they now know you have been involved in an accident, so at the next renewal, when they ask you if you have been involved in an accident, fault or no fault, they now know you have! 

Is this a bit like Dad's Army:- "Dont tell him Pike!" 

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

£400 to £450 total excess is now becoming the norm so it seems ( (£150 compulsory + £250 vol.) in this cheapest quote wins game. Comparison sites often come up with this sort of level and higher, and quote for cover without any of the "used to be normaly covered" things like legal cover, courtesy cars etc. 

If I've got this right Patrick ".... Spoke to them so gonna to do it myself no hassle" means that they now know you have been involved in an accident, so at the next renewal, when they ask you if you have been involved in an accident, fault or no fault, they now know you have! 

Is this a bit like Dad's Army:- "Dont tell him Pike!" 

Im !Removed! seriously they want 450 even its not my fault, they said it need to be put in dispute etc etc so she said I need to pay the 450 to garage to get my car repaired or take it somewhere I want