Programme new A7 key?

Matt 2134

Hi All

Just joined, having bought a gorgeous used A7 (my first) a couple of months ago.  It only came with one key, and although the (non-audi) dealer has been good enough to order me a second radio key, I now need to get it programmed - does it need to be done by the audi dealer or is there a way I can do it myself?  I assume a dealer will charge me a crazy amount to plug it in and add a key to the memory...

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Matt welcome to the forum :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

If you have the second key and just need it programing then Audi will probably charge you around £100. This needs to be done by Audi I believe. 

To order a brand new key and have it programmed it would cost you around £300! 

Hope IV helped and glad your pleased with your a7 :) they are lovely cars :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Thanks for this Steve!  £100 seems a lot, but better than not having a spare.

The cars are awesome - I have had a Q5 before, but this is my first 7 and I think it's stunning - I got the 3.0 TDI with whatever it is they call the sequential manual and the tech pack, and it's an incredible car for what I paid for it - I was about to pull the trigger on a BMW 530 GT, but the spec on the A7 plus the quattro blows it away!

Thanks for the advice 

Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt 2134 said:

Thanks for this Steve!  £100 seems a lot, but better than not having a spare.

The cars are awesome - I have had a Q5 before, but this is my first 7 and I think it's stunning - I got the 3.0 TDI with whatever it is they call the sequential manual and the tech pack, and it's an incredible car for what I paid for it - I was about to pull the trigger on a BMW 530 GT, but the spec on the A7 plus the quattro blows it away!

Thanks for the advice 

Matt

Audi do charge a lot but I guess they know it's something that is high in demand! 

£100 is a rough figure. I mean when I worked for Volkswagen in a service department it would cost from £55 upwards. 

Oh the a7 is far better than the bmw. Better lines and better drivetrain in my opinion. But. I also feel the a7 is more premium than the bmw. I'm honestly not being biased as I have also worked at a car supermarket so I have driven a wide range! 

You're most welcome :) 

Please keep us posted on how you get on :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Hi Matt, when I bought my A7 in May only 1 key worked - to have another programmed both keys have to be done.
My local(ish) Audi dealer did it for me in about 20 mins once booked in and cost £59.00

Hope this helps,
Cheers Mark

3 minutes ago, Lanky111 said:

Hi Matt, when I bought my A7 in May only 1 key worked - to have another programmed both keys have to be done.
My local(ish) Audi dealer did it for me in about 20 mins once booked in and cost £59.00

Hope this helps,
Cheers Mark

So similar to volkswagen then :) I said a hundred because I thought Audi would charge more as it's more premium. But it's nice to see it's roughly the same :)