B7 RS4 - Toucan yellow. Is mine the only one?

ScottA

Hi Guys 

New to the forum. Proud owner of this B7 RS4 in Toucan yellow and also a 2008 Audi S5 V8. Hoping someone can help me out.

When I acquired the car in September 17 I thought the RS4 was Imola yellow and had faded. I tried to correct a patch of paint using a DA polisher and various compounds but had no luck (Because it hadn't faded and is actually the color its ment to be which is Toucan yellow) After a lot of searching and the car not having the paint code stamped in the boot (The parts of sticker is blank were the paint code should be) I found out the  car is actually Toucan yellow which was ordered specially from factory. 

I am under the impression its the only B7 RS4 to be done is this color, when I search the internet nothing what so ever comes up and I've also rang Audi customer services to see if they could find out if there were anymore in this color but they couldn't tell me . Has anyone ever come across another done in this color or do you know a way I can find out?

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Welcome to the forum Scott :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Have you had a look at how many left? 

In failing that I suspect this colour may have be specified from an exclusive list If that makes sense. This basically means someone may have paid £2k to have that paint colour! 

You could also try and ask Audi. I know in the US people can find out exactly how many cars were made in that colour. 

Beautiful car by the way :) and it's a great colour! :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Thanks Steve

Ye I can tell they are by reading other posts :) 

I have tried to find out how many are left by ringing audi customer services but they couldn't help me, they said because it was specifically order they dont keep records of how many they sell apparently (the guy I spoke to wasn't very helpful at all. 

There is a charge of £2000 for the color on the original bill of sale.

13 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Thanks Steve

Ye I can tell they are by reading other posts :) 

I have tried to find out how many are left by ringing audi customer services but they couldn't help me, they said because it was specifically order they dont keep records of how many they sell apparently (the guy I spoke to wasn't very helpful at all. 

There is a charge of £2000 for the color on the original bill of sale.

I would suspect only a handful have probably been made for the UK. I suspect you'll find more of them in Europe. I'd try how many left website :) 

That's what I thought! It's certainly an expensive option! 

11 hours ago, ScottA said:

There was only 8 Imola yellow ones made for the UK. From what I can see on the Internet it's the only toucan yellow one in the UK. 

That's clearly a rare car. I'd be keeping that as a future classic! :) 

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Imola yellow rs4 b8 said:

Hi all,

I have a imola yellow rs4 b8 avant and have searched but can’t find any more in uk, found one in Switzerland and one in Germany though lol 

They're very rare, despite the colour being really nice 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Imola yellow rs4 b8 said:

Thanks mate 

No probs, I suspect the cost of the colour put people off ordering it. Which is a shame as it's definitely one of the best colours 

17 hours ago, Steve Q said:

No probs, I suspect the cost of the colour put people off ordering it. Which is a shame as it's definitely one of the best colours 

Yeah probably right I always try to find or go for the rear colours as won’t see many more if any lol