Need to get a new bumper

WPAWS

So i take the wife shopping at Tesco park a bit away from the store as i always do, shopping done return to the car reverse back and  the front end of the bumper off, to say i`m pi**ed off is an understatement.

Now i need to source a replacement bumper anyone know of a good place?

20171121_100844.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calmed down a bit so at the weekend I'm going to try and remove the bumper and see if i can get it back in the correct position may just be a case of doing that before forking out for a new bumper  

20 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Oh no! It's completely cracked then?! 

Is there any other damage Paul? 

no crack to the bumper just the parts on the bumper that connect to body work are mostly snapped off :( thinking now of claiming damage on my insurance to get it fixed but may impact on my insurance premium :( 

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Is there any other damage Paul? 

scratch too the side panel and noticed after work the tyre is now flat too, my day just gets better :whistling1:

2 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Screenshot_20171122-183719.pngAnd check your side panel. Bumer is screwed from the side panel( under the wheel arch ) , see pic , if the hole got ripped out then you need new one . 

all been checked out m8 with garage its only the bumper thats damaged so will order up a new one from bumpers R us and garage will swap them out for only £25 which is a bargain  

New bumper ordered so will be fitted this year rather than next year cost me £350 for the standard A6 bumper could not stretch to £666.40 for the Sline bumper.

Plan is to just get the car fit for the road then maybe next year buy the sline bumper

1 minute ago, niedzial1983 said:

Why not via inshurance ?

Did consider it m8 but my excess is £250 and my 15+ no claims is unprotected so my insurance will go up at renewal and its not cheap as it is  

• 3 weeks later...

finally, new bumper will be here tomorrow :yahoo: meant to arrive last sunday but bad weather stopped delivery something about snow in the midlands or something lol

Total disaster :( so car was in the garage today for bumper fitting and sods law it dont fit, i am now contacting the company via email to get it returned and get my money back 

1 hour ago, niedzial1983 said:

Your oem was sline. The one you bought is se 

yep i know this now lol i was told at the time it will fit my car

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Sorry to hear of your disaster Paul. Let's hope the supplier can send you an s line bumper. But it won't be before Christmas I bet!!

nope lol, all i`m bothered about now is getting it returned and a refund hassle free

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

yep i know this now lol i was told at the time it will fit my car

nope lol, all i`m bothered about now is getting it returned and a refund hassle free

Fair comment. I do hope you manage to source a s line one soon!