Need to get a new bumper

WPAWS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

New oem bumper is £700-800 + paint job. Probably even more if you want to get it from audi 

There are few on ebay worth a look 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263270098608

Cheers Piotr i spoke with audi today a a new primed bumper is £505 

7 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Very good price 

i thought so too, now just have to get my money back. i emailed bumpers r us this morning but no response back, could be they shut down for xmas so will give them a bit of time to get back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no reply back to my emails another one sent today, communications seems to have stopped. i think i may have to resort to the next step of a letter sent recorded delivery so they can't say it never arrived, was hoping we could resolve the problem the easy way :(

After digging around this company trades under 2 names:

on eBay they are: 

The Company Shops

and online website they are:

Bumpers'R'Us

Both are using the same landline and address

Hello Paul,

I'm very sorry to hear of your ongoing saga and particularly problem of getting your money back. E-mails are normally fine, but where they don't respond then, as you say, a Recorded Delivery letter is by far the best. If it were me, I would be stating a deadline date for them to respond, ( say 2 weeks from receipt)  so if they don't, then you can take up an option of going through the Small Claims Court procedure if you want. 

I can see you have had what appears to be a reasonable quote from Audi. I have bought parts on discount from one Northern dealer and would be happy to pass on the contact if needed incase they may be able to beat your quote. Just pm me if you need to.

Good luck with sorting it out Paul.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

@Magnet cheers m8, i did call them today and answer phone message is saying they are still on winter hols so hopefully come monday they will be back at work and we can get this bumper sorted

24 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

This is facelifted . Your one car is not, wont fit 

Well it will but you would need new crash bar , fogs+grills , brackets , etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my bumper! 

After the bumper company got back to me and i asked for the bumper to be returned as was of no use to my car they forwarded an email they had sent me before the bumper was purchased. the below email never hit my inbox because if i had seen it i would never have gone along with the purchase 

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

Re: Audi A6 Front Bumper

Date:

24/11/2017 10:58

"Bumpers'R'Us." <sales@bumpersrus.co.uk>

To:

Paul Taylor <*********@walkingpaws.co.uk>

Hi Paul
Just to clarify yes it will fit body of your vehicle,
But please beware we only sell the bare bumper so some of your items from your s-line bumper will not fit ie fogs, grills moldings etc... maybe other items also.
So we will only sell it to you on the grounds as stated on the item description will not fit S-Line models we will process your order as stated unless other wised advised from you as our lead time is 14 days and the first 7 days are a cooling off period so if you change your mind and want the S-Line bumper please advise within 7 days of this email. As they are bespoke, custom made to order and non returnable.

Bumpers' R ' Us

The bumper will now go on eBay and i will try to make some of my money back on it.

On a brighter note i was talking to the garage i brought the car from and explained the issue i had and he asked me to bring the car up so his bodywork guy could inspect the bumper, good news for me is the guy is going to sort it all out for £160.

At least i won't be turning up to Simply Audi with a busted up bumper  :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok going out on a limb here, trying to save myself money and repair the bumper myself have found a video on how to remove the bumper

Guy at the garage was going to remove the bumper and use unibond Epoxy Repair: Plastic glue to rebond the broken parts so i will give it a go and if it goes wrong then i`ll hand it over to the garage to do

Hello Paul,

Good on you for having a go at repairing this. I'm from the school of older car renovation and it's very rewarding to repair something and preserve oriiginality rather than simply replacing the whole thing. 

Having said that, in your case, would I use epoxy resin glue to repair it? No I wouldnt, and if I did, I would most certainly use Araldite rather than Unibond. 

I would say the way to go is to weld repair the broken plastic bits - glues will just split under stress- whereas weld bonding will achieve a lasting bond. These bumpers can be welded using a good soldering iron and is not difficult to do on a DIY basis. If the plastic bumper is distorted then it can be brought back into shape using a reasonable output hair dryer, or in extreme cases a hot air gun.

If you do succeed in gluing the broken bits, you are likely to find they will break again, and usually do so  after you have spent your money on repainting! I'm surprised the garage suggested this, and personally I would be tempted to find someone else, and a small local body shop may be a good alternative. 

Good luck with it Paul,

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Cheers Gareth, got a problem with one of my headlights misting so going to have a look at that whilst the bumper is off so a case of 1 stone 2 birds :)

Bumper is off and to be honest this could be hard to put the bumper jigsaw together again but i will give it a go will take pics of the before and after effect :whistling1:

Its actually been a very positive day fixed the parts of the bumper i can and ordered up the parts i need to replace mainly

Bumper Grille Holder Bracket Mounting 4F0807771 pic 3

2 x Front Bumper Guides

the last 2 pics are what i need new as mine are looking a bit worn they are the parts from pic 1, not sure if they are meant to be fixed to the body or just sit in the holes as both sides were not secure

Foglight also needs sorting

20180202_144753 (1).jpg

20180202_144753.jpg

20180202_144812.jpg

20180202_145601.jpg

20180202_145610.jpg

20180202_152217.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been a stressful few days getting the bumper back on finally got all the replacement parts fitted and still the bumper never wanted to go back on as it should just too much damage but with help from my dad we got it on so i can actaully use the car without his help i would of kick hell out of the thing lol

it will have to be a new bumper when i get enough cash in the bank.