Electric WIndows

AudiMickey

OK, I am now getting pretty disillusioned with this car...

After fixing the ABS Pump, Turbo, Brake Caliper, and a faulty NSF Crash Sensor, now i have an issue with the electric windows on both sides.

After bleeding the brakes, i took the car out for a test drive and all was well, i wound down the passenger window halfway and then the drivers one all the way, got it back into the workshop and now none of them work at all??? I have changed the 30amp fuse behind the knee panel under the steering wheel and nothing. I just dont get it, the electric mirrors work, the central locking works so what the hell is up with it now??

I find it hard to believe that both electric window motors have gone although at the same time?

Any help or advice on what to look at next would be most appreciated?

I would start by looking at a circuit diagram to find out where there might be common feeds or common earths or even a common fuse, but then I am old fashioned like that. If you prefer the modern way of testing you plug the car into a computer and hope it gives you sensible results. Quite where the wires are run and the motors are earthed I have no idea, because in the absence of any specific practical experience of the window motors I can only theorise about the problem.

Hi Michael

I had this problem on one of my windows when I had a 55 reg A3.

The only way I could shut the window was to hold down the key to lock the doors. On my A3 after 5 secs the windows would all shut when locking the car or all open when unlocking, it might be worth a try on this occasion, after that my window issue disappeared.