Martyn85

New head unit install

Hi guys, hoping somebody can help me with this, just bought a new sat nav stereo for my a3 it’s a direct replacement but the buyer said I will need a adapter for the rear speakers to work but not sure which adapter will attach some photos to show which ones I got my eye on and also the wiring that’s with the unit. 

9AF30292-ACE2-4549-9DDC-B9B7A85D21D5.jpeg

1FFBD1D9-C0A8-46D9-9EFE-11ACC3B6D91C.jpeg

2B06AC5A-1ED4-49A5-A86C-A0C75AEB0247.jpeg

They sent me a link to the one in the photo but I just don’t trust many people on eBay lol! 

No no don’t have bose system but do have rear speakers which is confusing me a little if I’m honest 

So the bit I'm confused about is in the picture it shows phono style speaker connectors where as most cars use an iso adapter , unless there are speaker connections in what the call the power plug.

Who makes the unit ?

You mean on the back of the unit? Not sure about them yet I don’t think they will be needed. It’s hopefully being delivered tomorrow so I’m just going to use the connections that come with it and see what happens. Will keep you updated 

Hope somebody can, Ive installed the unit all works fine apart from rear speakers don’t work. The last photo I’ve put up I’ve been told will get the speakers to work. Does anybody know about this before I order one. Thanks 

All installed now took it to a professional installer lol! Didn’t need the harness adapter either not quite sure what he done but it’s all working fine. Onto the next project now 

1 hour ago, Martyn85 said:

All installed now took it to a professional installer lol! Didn’t need the harness adapter either not quite sure what he done but it’s all working fine. Onto the next project now 

Glad you got sorted Martyn :) 

Have you got any pics of the new install? :) 

Cheers

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Glad you got sorted Martyn :) 

Have you got any pics of the new install? :) 

Cheers

Steve

Yes here they are mate. The first one is on start up looks good with the Audi badge. Onto the next now. Going to start a new thread new some advice on speakers lol! 

C293FF49-38C0-4808-916C-A98FD0E88E67.jpeg

2BC4D4E8-65E7-4057-894F-912B52F485F6.jpeg

77F69C8E-6E07-4152-A453-882B38DE126D.jpeg

Just now, Martyn85 said:

Yes here they are mate. The first one is on start up looks good with the Audi badge. Onto the next now. Going to start a new thread new some advice on speakers lol! 

C293FF49-38C0-4808-916C-A98FD0E88E67.jpeg

2BC4D4E8-65E7-4057-894F-912B52F485F6.jpeg

77F69C8E-6E07-4152-A453-882B38DE126D.jpeg

Wow, now that is smart! :) 

A thread with advice for other members would be awesome. It's the best way we all learn :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Martyn85 said:

Going to start a new thread new some advice on speakers lol! 

Please do Martyn, particularly with the source of the unit and your comments on it as I am interested in getting one.