Raising A3 S-line suspension

doom-bar

Hi all,

I have a 2009 A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Quattro S-line and, as I live in Cornwall, I find the ground clearance too low and the ride too harsh for the Cornish lanes with the S-Line sports suspension.

Is it possible to get over this problem by fitting coil springs front and back from an SE model which doesn't have the "sports suspension"?

Hello Geoff. (Love the beer name.)

I can't be certain, but I would expect sports suspension to have tighter shock absorbers as well as shorter springs so its possible you would have to change both. A change may also affect the steering geometry so you need to be certain of the answers before committing to altering anything.

Welcome to the forum Geoff, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Cliff is correct in saying you'll need both the springs and dampers from a SE model. They should also be a direct fit and no modifications required other than tracking and steering geometry as cliff has stated. 

I know this to definitely be the case with 2wd models but you may have to confirm this with Audi or another garage as your a3 has quattro. You may have to get the suspension off an see spec quattro car but I can't see it being an issue over the normal 2wd models. I hope that all makes sense. 

Cheers

Steve

• 6 months later...