Jump to content

Brake servo restricted


Stevie84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Had the message come in my 2016 Q7 a few times but only done maybe 10 miles if that since, parked up now and not gonna move it till I've changed the sensor.... anyone changed theirs on a 4M Audi Q7, where is it located and are all the sensors the same part for all audi models. You tube vid link?

Cheers Paul

Edited by Pappa583
Bad spelling... corrected
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Thanks for information. My one got message "Brake servo restricted" only 3 months ago during my motoway driving. and disappear after I stop and leave it after a night. So I ignore that. However it appear again this morning. found the topic here and go to AUDI dealer to got parts. change it and all ok now. hope not damage the ABS system, just hope.

BTW. the dealer give me the 5Q0906207, not 5Q0906207A or 5Q0906207B. might be different version for the car. not sure why. looks like same.

Edited by wand110
add part number
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I also got 5Q0906207, not 5Q0906207A or 5Q0906207B - dealer said all the same part and A and B were just a different batch or something. Let’s hope that whatever the part number, these ones actually work and don’t ‘brick’ the ABS!! 

Edited by C123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, Owl-M19 said:

Thanks to everyone on here. Had the same issue with the brake servo sensor. Had driven around 40 miles when I found this forum & immediately parked up. Sensor purchased from ebay from seller German car parts for £15 (euro car parts wanted £134). Watched the youtube fitting guide & only took me 3-4 mins. Started car & hey presto, message has cleared, thanks again.

I've just ordered from same seller for £14.99, pleased I've read jyour comment on their parts as i was thinking of just going to audi and paying full price......

For what the part is can't be worth more than a tenner anyway! Fingers crossed it works when fitted as ive only driven 3 times and about 10 mile if that. 

Pretty bad that the Audi didnt have the warning give a more direct message to get it fixed, rather than continue driving.  As it obviously leads to an extremely expensive repair bill if your not one of the lucky ones and found this post...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, it's really really bad from Audi and they should update the message on the dash to say 'Not to driver further and contact them'.

They are also well aware of this faulty sensor because so many people have experienced this fault and contacted Audi.

There really should be a class action case against them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and given the rest of us the heads-up when we get these issues.

Has anyone found out why this part is susceptable to failure after the car is left for a few weeksand not driven?

Is it because it is under pressure when parked but when running it gets varied pressure levels?

Is there something that can be done when you park up to ensure the sensor is left in a state that it won't get damaged?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Keva said:

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and given the rest of us the heads-up when we get these issues.

Has anyone found out why this part is susceptable to failure after the car is left for a few weeksand not driven?

Is it because it is under pressure when parked but when running it gets varied pressure levels?

Is there something that can be done when you park up to ensure the sensor is left in a state that it won't get damaged?

Wonder how many people are caught out by this, end up with the abs failure as they are unaware of the faulty sensor issue. If audi are not going to recall and rectify the least they could do is issue a warning letter to all the owners they have on record?

I only found out as I googled it, I carry out maintenance myself so I looked to see the cause and fix. But not everyone lifts the bonnet on their cars so potentially audi are replacing these abs units needlessly, causing crippling costs to owners which could be easily avoided.

Mine is 2016 so 7 years old, not expecting the older cars be recalled suppose, but this thread is a few years old now and new cars then were suffering from failure and still nothing was done by audi..... love the cars but why so expensive to fix so soon when cheaper car manufacturers carry longer warranties....

Edit.....as I work away and the q7 sits parked up for weeks at a time, I'm thinking, if the replacement of the sensor works, (when it arrives) I'm gonna buy another and keep it in the car so if in the future this happens again I can just changeout straight away. Don't have to drive anywhere and risk the costly abs issue resulting..... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, kh904 said:

I just got the part this morning from ebay. 130euro to ireland. came in 3 days. hopefully this works or I will have to sell the car. the warning came on Saturday. I drove maybe 80km total in 4 trips. then  I read this forum on Saturday night and thank god I did, the car is has not moved since. fingers crossed. I agree that anybody affected by this and forced to pay 3k for ABS should be taking legal action against Audi. its not good enough

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Keva said:

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and given the rest of us the heads-up when we get these issues.

Has anyone found out why this part is susceptable to failure after the car is left for a few weeksand not driven?

Is it because it is under pressure when parked but when running it gets varied pressure levels?

Is there something that can be done when you park up to ensure the sensor is left in a state that it won't get damaged?

I'm not sure what what causes the part to fail, but the part was superceded with a new part number (part number ending in A). I'm not sure if this new part number is more reliable than the old.

I ended up paying £90 for a genuine OEM part from Audi as my car was relatively new and didn't want to risk going for a £20 chinese copy, but i'm sure they are just a reliable.

Audi should be ashamed of themselves on how they have dealt with this fault and has left a bitter taste in many owners mouths.

I  moved from a Peugeot 406 Coup to the Audi A5 Sportback, thinking that the quality will be a step up, and to be honest the Peugeot, despite it's age was very reliable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, IrelandAudi23 said:

thanks to everyone on this forum. I just replaced the sensor and its working as good as new again. I count myself lucky that I came across this forum when I did. only 130euro and problem solved

I'm glad that the problem is resolved.

If for whatever reason the ABS is 'bricked', there are companies that can repair it for a fraction of the cost (around £500 i think), so you don't have to replace the whole abs system for £3k+, but you will be without the use of the car while the abs part is sent to the company to recondition and replace the chip/ROM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2023 at 10:52 AM, Pappa583 said:

Wonder how many people are caught out by this, end up with the abs failure as they are unaware of the faulty sensor issue. If audi are not going to recall and rectify the least they could do is issue a warning letter to all the owners they have on record?

I only found out as I googled it, I carry out maintenance myself so I looked to see the cause and fix. But not everyone lifts the bonnet on their cars so potentially audi are replacing these abs units needlessly, causing crippling costs to owners which could be easily avoided.

Mine is 2016 so 7 years old, not expecting the older cars be recalled suppose, but this thread is a few years old now and new cars then were suffering from failure and still nothing was done by audi..... love the cars but why so expensive to fix so soon when cheaper car manufacturers carry longer warranties....

Edit.....as I work away and the q7 sits parked up for weeks at a time, I'm thinking, if the replacement of the sensor works, (when it arrives) I'm gonna buy another and keep it in the car so if in the future this happens again I can just changeout straight away. Don't have to drive anywhere and risk the costly abs issue resulting..... 

Just changed the sensor for new one £14 99 off eBay, seller is parts for German cars!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334125089613?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uI6ymBN1QH-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mj7sTIQsTui&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Started and drove a bit with no message coming back up so happy days..... 

really easy to change out in 2 mins so dont go paying £200 at audi to get this done,  anyone struggling let me know and I will do a quick video if needed.

On 9/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, Keva said:

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and given the rest of us the heads-up when we get these issues.

Has anyone found out why this part is susceptable to failure after the car is left for a few weeksand not driven?

Is it because it is under pressure when parked but when running it gets varied pressure levels?

Is there something that can be done when you park up to ensure the sensor is left in a state that it won't get damaged?

Wonder how many people are caught out by this, end up with the abs failure as they are unaware of the faulty sensor issue. If audi are not going to recall and rectify the least they could do is issue a warning letter to all the owners they have on record?

I only found out as I googled it, I carry out maintenance myself so I looked to see the cause and fix. But not everyone lifts the bonnet on their cars so potentially audi are replacing these abs units needlessly, causing crippling costs to owners which could be easily avoided.

Mine is 2016 so 7 years old, not expecting the older cars be recalled suppose, but this thread is a few years old now and new cars then were suffering from failure and still nothing was done by audi..... love the cars but why so expensive when cheaper car manufacturers carry so much better warranties....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I've bought a sensor from eBay to keep in the car 😀 

I'm not going to tempt fate by messing around with something that isn't broken.

It doesn't appear to be the 'A' version however for £15 it might prevent a bigger issue.

 

20230926_180234.jpg

20230926_180240.jpg

Edit:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334119302412?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uI6ymBN1QH-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=BbKs5X6FTgi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Out of idle curiosity I looked this up and it seems quite serious. On the up side it is quite possibly covered by your breakdown service. Whatever you do, do not keep trying to start the car. Apparently the fuel must be drained and the whole system flushed through without delay to avoid corrosion.  Good luck. Keep us in the loop. 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Reading this thread has me back in June 2020 having an absolute nightmare with this. 
Had the same sequence everyone has here. Brake servo restricted message. Then the park immediately message. 

Long long story short, I ended up sending the bricked abs unit to ECU Testing, who said they’d never seen this issue before. But they managed to fix it. 
 

So for anyone who has the abs unit problem, get your mechanic to remove the abs unit (if you can’t do it yourself) and send it to them. I recall it was like £700 for the whole fix. Much cheaper than a replacement. 
 

Hope this helps someone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ian.f said:

Reading this thread has me back in June 2020 having an absolute nightmare with this. 
Had the same sequence everyone has here. Brake servo restricted message. Then the park immediately message. 

Long long story short, I ended up sending the bricked abs unit to ECU Testing, who said they’d never seen this issue before. But they managed to fix it. 
 

So for anyone who has the abs unit problem, get your mechanic to remove the abs unit (if you can’t do it yourself) and send it to them. I recall it was like £700 for the whole fix. Much cheaper than a replacement. 
 

Hope this helps someone. 

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm sure it'll be useful for others 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi.

I have this same issue I think. Did your cars red brake warning light come on with this. My car drives perfectly but has a start and stop error code aswel as a brake warning message.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, darren breen said:

Hi.

I have this same issue I think. Did your cars red brake warning light come on with this. My car drives perfectly but has a start and stop error code aswel as a brake warning message.

Cheers

Car drives like normal for now but I wouldn't be driving it at all if I were you, not reading other people's posts..... if you are unlucky enough not to change the 15quid part in time and end up getting the total failure. 

Not worth the risk as the cost to fix could be alot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, darren breen said:

Hi.

I have this same issue I think. Did your cars red brake warning light come on with this. My car drives perfectly but has a start and stop error code aswel as a brake warning message.

Cheers

Definitely get it sorted before driving any more. £30/40 to replace the sensor, or £x00s on sorting the abs unit. Not worth the risk for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, darren breen said:

Hi.

I have this same issue I think. Did your cars red brake warning light come on with this. My car drives perfectly but has a start and stop error code aswel as a brake warning message.

Cheers

I didn't get the red brake light warning but I did get the start / stop error. Replacing the sensor cured this as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership