Simply Audi - Beaulieu - 1st August 2021 chat thread

Hi Steve

I have a part time job of delivering new cars. I travel all over. I had to deliver a Renault Zoe to South Wales, which you cannot do without a recharge. I got as far as Membury Services with 50 miles left in the battery. Electric charge stations " out of order" Had to get the Zoe trailed to the next Services. Only could get a 45 minute charge there because of faults in the system. Just made it to the customer, who then complained that I had run the battery nearly out. The infrastructure just isn't there yet. Even the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which is advertised as doing over 100 mpg, I have never got more than 40 mpg driving to Scotland.

Tony

2 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

I have a part time job of delivering new cars. I travel all over. I had to deliver a Renault Zoe to South Wales, which you cannot do without a recharge. I got as far as Membury Services with 50 miles left in the battery. Electric charge stations " out of order" Had to get the Zoe trailed to the next Services. Only could get a 45 minute charge there because of faults in the system. Just made it to the customer, who then complained that I had run the battery nearly out. The infrastructure just isn't there yet. Even the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which is advertised as doing over 100 mpg, I have never got more than 40 mpg driving to Scotland.

Tony

Exactly. Funnily enough I've been looking at replacing my Ford kuga daily for a non.hybrid outlander 7 seater. How do you find the drive of them? 

Steve,

I fuuly agree with your thoughts on electric. However I am still waiting to test drive the Audi e-Tron GT to experience an electric car 😏

In my opinion old skool cars are the best 😀

Hi Steve

The Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel is very good. Very powerful but wouldn't win a GP. Very spacious and on long journeys is a good comfortable drive.

The e-Tron I think is a whole different ball game.  But electric does give you the sense of power. The Renault Zoe 0-30 has the same torque as a Porsche 911 with no gear changes.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Obasa said:

Steve,

I fuuly agree with your thoughts on electric. However I am still waiting to test drive the Audi e-Tron GT to experience an electric car 😏

In my opinion old skool cars are the best 😀

Definitely can't beat old-school. I've driven electric cars abd the experience bis weird when doing it for the first time. Acceleration is better than normal cars though so pulling away at lights can be fun lol. 

8 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

The Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel is very good. Very powerful but wouldn't win a GP. Very spacious and on long journeys is a good comfortable drive.

The e-Tron I think is a whole different ball game.  But electric does give you the sense of power. The Renault Zoe 0-30 has the same torque as a Porsche 911 with no gear changes.

Thank you. Have been considering one when family grows. Think it would make a good alrounder to transport family and the two dogs.