A3 8p front wipers not working

Mob

Hi guys. Hope someone here will be able to help me out. So my front wipers are not working, purchased the car like this. I have read about the bonnet switch etc. How do I go about diagnosing the fault? Is there a way to bypass the bonnet switch?

If you bought the car from a dealer, take it back. Defective wipers are an MOT failure and therefore illegally sold to you and illegal to use on the road.

If you are determined to fix the wipers yourself the first thing to check is the fuse.

Hello Mo,

Sorry to hear of your issue. 
Before advising, are you armed with the necessary test meter, and an understanding of modern car electrics? 
I not, I would strongly advise that you buy in half an hour’s labour with a trusted local electricians. 
By passing switches (rather than replacing them) - if at fault -  would not be the recommended way forward. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, Magnet said:

Hello Mo,

Sorry to hear of your issue. 
Before advising, are you armed with the necessary test meter, and an understanding of modern car electrics? 
I not, I would strongly advise that you buy in half an hour’s labour with a trusted local electricians. 
By passing switches (rather than replacing them) - if at fault -  would not be the recommended way forward. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

I do have a multimeter on hand

Thanks Mo,

I fear that if you are thinking about bypassing switches then you are really talking bodging ( with all due disrespect for the ancient craft of bodging!). The proper way around this is to isolate the cause, and this is why I would suggest investing in a little time with an experienced auto electrician. Playing about with modern car electrics can lead to trouble. 
You say you bought the car with this known fault, so I guess the price was adjusted accordingly, so worth a little of the savings? 
Couple of afterthoughts:- does the current wiper motor give any indication of being refitted or not being the original build one? If it is a replacement, it might need recoding to the car. Second possibility - the stalks can be problematic. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

View all the latest Audi leasing deals here:

Limited Stock*for early 2022

*Due to the on-going semiconductor issues, the supply of new cars and vans has been dramatically hit. If you are due to change your vehicle/s in the next year or so you will NEED to start looking now to avoid disappointment or potentially being without a vehicle.