Help needed

Andymid23

You could always get a garage to do a forced regeneration. Alternatively you could remove the dpf to clean it and refit it to see if that fixes it. Or buy a new one. 

Or take it on a really.good run to see if it clears the light. 

• Like 1

Often a dpf will block up if you do lots of short runs, it needs a long high speed run to get hot enough for a successful regeneration. If that is the case then as suggested a good twenty minutes of spirited motorway ( no need to break any speed limits 😏) driving may well get it hot enough to regenerate and clear warning. 
If the cooling fans are still running when you turn the engine off it can indicate an interrupted regen, I’m new to Audi’s and mine is petrol so someone may be along soon to correct me! 
I had a Mitsubishi before and the main dealer offered a regen at every service at a cost of about £180 always refused and never had a warning but it very rarely did short journeys but quite often 60 mile motorway runs and also towed a caravan a fair few 100s of miles so often got hot enough. Still got interrupted regen though, so the system isn’t very intelligent.

2 hours ago, Stagn8 said:

Often a dpf will block up if you do lots of short runs, it needs a long high speed run to get hot enough for a successful regeneration. If that is the case then as suggested a good twenty minutes of spirited motorway ( no need to break any speed limits 😏) driving may well get it hot enough to regenerate and clear warning. 
If the cooling fans are still running when you turn the engine off it can indicate an interrupted regen, I’m new to Audi’s and mine is petrol so someone may be along soon to correct me! 
I had a Mitsubishi before and the main dealer offered a regen at every service at a cost of about £180 always refused and never had a warning but it very rarely did short journeys but quite often 60 mile motorway runs and also towed a caravan a fair few 100s of miles so often got hot enough. Still got interrupted regen though, so the system isn’t very intelligent.

Hi you are right about almost all of it except the fans run for about five minutes after the regen if you are standing still otherwise there is a real possibility of having to call the fire service which is why if you have a problem with your fan circuit the car won't regenerate.

Steve.