Stu21

As a new member I just thought I would stick a post together to say hi , Had my b6 1.9tdi sport over  6 months what a car it’s  only done 95,000 absolutely love it … 

its not the usual rust on the front wings etc . Been stood 6 years due to the person owning it having a brain injury. He kept it thinking he may get behind the wheel one day . 

i absolutely love it …  

I got to keep this Beauty on the road . 

hopeing for any up keeping advice on it and  speaking to fellow enthusiast

ECB76761-994F-4C07-BCD1-0890EBF99FD6.jpeg

713E7273-AA5D-4231-9AE8-40DC9A61E758.jpeg

155415CF-22C4-4BC0-9901-B1662D209687.jpeg

3E782FD0-2BB1-43DB-B2C7-571F44919E74.jpeg

C0605DA6-49BF-4964-98B8-524C44B25B84.jpeg

F2D58312-E6E9-4EC0-A1C7-7A70FA340A39.jpeg

• 1 year later...

It’s great to see that these cars are in good and caring hands.

Only - hopefully constructive comment- I can add is to make sure they are insured to an agreed value where possible, to avoid being paid out a pittance in event of a minor scrape dictating total loss. 

Classic car insurance should ensure this, if the car is around 20 years old and isn’t your sole means of transport. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks magnet yes its my daily driver its a 2004 . What would you value it at if you have any sort of idea .

its absolutely immaculate. No rust on arches etc and just hit 98,000

total standard apart from wheels as i put the b6.5 wheels on i do have the original 17s 

i have thought about classic insurance tbh .

Hello Stuart, 

Thanks for coming back on this. I don’t think what I (or anyone else) values the car at is of any value ( pardon the pun). It’s only what the insurers value it at that matters, and that is likely to be banger money for 19 year old car, irrespective of its condition.

The only route to ensure you get paid out its meaningful value is to insure it to the agreed value that you and the brokers consider acceptable - based on photos and statements of condition. 
Such is the basis of Classic car insurance, but the normal criteria are:- not daily driver, limited annual mileage, c20 years old or more , doesn’t earn a NCB. Having said all that, there will be acceptable deviations. Worth trying Adrian Flux, Lancaster and others. 
Hope some of this helps,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Again thanks for the response totally get that it definitely not on the banger side ha ha but a agreed value is something i  will look at . 
thanks again do appreciate the comments and responses 

Edited by Stu21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

If you every need any help with agreed value insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. We can offer an agreed value on pretty much any car as long as it's over 12 months old so it is not just reserved for classic car policies.

Regards,

Dan.