EASY OIL CHANGE

RoyC

Years ago, after my warranty ran out on my A6 Avant I decided to do my own oil change, What a chor to have to remove the under tray just to change the oil.

I decided to do something about it, so I cut an access hole in the under tray.

Oil changes are now so easy.

Audi under side 016.JPG

Audi under side 014.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only remove two of the plastic screws then swivel it round on the third one to expose the drain plug.

Hi,

Please correct me if i am wrong and stupid.

Are people using suction (via the dip stick pipe) nowadays?  I've been reading on this recently, and seems like a few garages are doing this on 'newer' cars (I guess the engine is designed differently re sump...??).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoze-Extractor-Transfer-Motorbikes-Engines/dp/B08LNJVHFC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=oil+suction+pump&qid=1658821951&sprefix=oil+suc%2Caps%2C56&sr=8-7

Just a thought, so you don't have to remove the undertray.

Joe

1 hour ago, JMKC82 said:

Are people using suction (via the dip stick pipe) nowadays?  I've been reading on this recently, and seems like a few garages are doing this on 'newer' cars (I guess the engine is designed differently re sump...??).

I have one of these pumps, it takes hours to suck the oil out.

You can also get the tube stuck in the dip stick tube and it's a PITA to get it out.

You leave a lot more crap in the sump sucking it out rather than draining it out.

Garages are paid to change your oil, not to worry about how much of the crud is left in the sump.

• 4 weeks later...