How much is it worth now?

KMac

I recently purchased an Audi A6 C4 2.5L Diesel Saloon 1996 (c.140000 miles) from a family member. The reason was not just because I've always been an Audi fan but because it had soo much sentimental value to see it go to anyone else.  I wanted to enjoy if for myself for a while and we've really enjoyed it.  It's in good condition, a little rust at the side of the bonnet but under control, but other than that she is in good condition and everything working as it should.  Always been looked after, serviced regularly and maintained.

I'm not sure whether to sell it now or keep it.  I've got the room to store it in the yard and keep it covered when not in use but I'm afraid it's not getting the use it should and considering selling it.

I can't find any for sale in the UK (likely looking in the wrong places) so wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what it is currently worth if I am to put it up for sale?

Hello Kevin,

Steve has a good point, particularly since you say you recently acquired it because it had ‘so much sentimental value to see it go to someone else…..’ 

A couple of points here:- If it has so much sentimental value - why sell it? 
You know what you paid for it, and  what you have spent on it, so are probably ideally placed to know ‘it’s value’. 
Of course, if it was bought with the idea of buy-it-work-on-it-sell-it-at-a-profit, ( and nothing wrong with that) then you might not go far wrong by listing it on eBay with a start price of ‘ what it owes you’, and let ‘the market’ decide its worth on the day. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...