Well damn

Steve Q

I've had bad news today. My Audi A6 2.5tdi aym engine is terminal (knocking bottom end) 🤦‍♂️☹️

Advice on engines please guys. 

Do all 2.5tdi engines fit? 
Which is the best 2.5 engine? 

My garage want me to source another aym engine but as they're a one year only variant I think I'll struggle. Plus I fancy slightly more power from a 180bhp version.

Ill be at simply Audi but in the Kuga 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that Steve, I’ll have a look about for that type of engine and if it’s a straight swap if you want,don’t sleep much so up most nights and early mornings. Also got myself a good diagnostic tool and changed klm to mph on mine,also found an old thread from snap-on about the gears all light up and also in gear 4, turns out that disconnecting the battery can cause this,had a intermittent problem on the f125 switch,the thread suggested you do a throttle reset or relearn so did this and no more problems with the gears,in drive it’s shows gear 1 not 4 in triptronic also 1 ,I’ve not had the gears all light up since this and no codes /faults appear and that’s been over 2weeks and it’s more responsive,so here’s hoping.again hopefully you can get yours back on the road 

On 4/13/2023 at 2:07 AM, Lawl said:

Sorry to hear that Steve, I’ll have a look about for that type of engine and if it’s a straight swap if you want,don’t sleep much so up most nights and early mornings. Also got myself a good diagnostic tool and changed klm to mph on mine,also found an old thread from snap-on about the gears all light up and also in gear 4, turns out that disconnecting the battery can cause this,had a intermittent problem on the f125 switch,the thread suggested you do a throttle reset or relearn so did this and no more problems with the gears,in drive it’s shows gear 1 not 4 in triptronic also 1 ,I’ve not had the gears all light up since this and no codes /faults appear and that’s been over 2weeks and it’s more responsive,so here’s hoping.again hopefully you can get yours back on the road 

Thank you so much. Hoping to get it back on the road by it's not going to be cheap. 

Glad you got sorted with your gearbox 🙂