Well damn

Steve Q

Well crap, there goes the sump 🤦‍♂️ on the plus side at least the car is drained of oil for its service which is due In the next 3 weeks. Plus the underside is well oiled, which should prevent rust for the next 10 years 😂

IMG20230212123249.jpg

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, coupe4 said:

thats a bit of a set back steve.were you driving it when it happened?

Yep. Holed it good and proper! 

Just annoyed at myself I didn't order the steel undertray I kept saying I'd get. 

9 hours ago, coupe4 said:

ah it could be worse.hindsight is a wonderful thing[supposedly!]

Definitely! At least it happened just before my service not after. 

8 hours ago, Lawl said:

Sorry to see that Steve,at least it’s fixable😀

Very true 🙂 

8 hours ago, audia4b5kev said:

JB WELD  SORT STRAIGHT OUT

Hoping the replacement sump won't cost too much to buy. 

6 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Definitely! At least it happened just before my service not after. 

Very true 🙂 

Hoping the replacement sump won't cost too much to buy. 

I FIXED MY GOLF 4MOTION WITH IT STEVE WHAT ENGINE IS YOURS LIKE 

Might be worthwhile getting one of those steel under trays Steve,are they easily got,if so might get one myself as the country roads here have more holes in them than a government manifesto,like most places have,then it’s us that need to pay for it.just last summer between me,daughter,son had 7 shock absorbers and 4 springs all within 2 months,crazy…hope it’s not to hard on the wallet m8

1 hour ago, Lawl said:

Might be worthwhile getting one of those steel under trays Steve,are they easily got,if so might get one myself as the country roads here have more holes in them than a government manifesto,like most places have,then it’s us that need to pay for it.just last summer between me,daughter,son had 7 shock absorbers and 4 springs all within 2 months,crazy…hope it’s not to hard on the wallet m8

Yea I meant to get one prior to now 🤦‍♂️

No problem m8,hopefully your post won’t be to bad,I’ll be ordering the trim that goes over the mirror adjustment with the folding mirror symbol on it,I’ll see how many they have and order a few if people might want them,won’t ship to uk because of brexit but have family in Ireland will ship there first then to me

27 minutes ago, Lawl said:

No problem m8,hopefully your post won’t be to bad,I’ll be ordering the trim that goes over the mirror adjustment with the folding mirror symbol on it,I’ll see how many they have and order a few if people might want them,won’t ship to uk because of brexit but have family in Ireland will ship there first then to me

No probs at all 🙂 great idea 👍

38 minutes ago, alpha omega said:

been busy steve and just seen this post. i am so sorry to here about the sump🤥 regards stephen

No probs at all, don't worry my A6 will come fighting back one way or another. Just hope the sump didn't push into the bottom of the block. That's my biggest fear. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

No probs at all, don't worry my A6 will come fighting back one way or another. Just hope the sump didn't push into the bottom of the block. That's my biggest fear. 

Hi Steve, no the sump won't affect the block as they are designed to collapse/break first the crank sits just at the top of the oil bath so unless you have shoved it right up there will be no real complications, sorry to hear this.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Steve, no the sump won't affect the block as they are designed to collapse/break first the crank sits just at the top of the oil bath so unless you have shoved it right up there will be no real complications, sorry to hear this.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, it's definitely just cracked and holed. Not bent in so hopefully it'll be ok. 

I won't be surprised if I did other damage to the running gear or suspension. I won't know untill the garage can inspect it thoroughly later in the week. The suspense is killing me 

20 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Thanks Steve, it's definitely just cracked and holed. Not bent in so hopefully it'll be ok. 

I won't be surprised if I did other damage to the running gear or suspension. I won't know untill the garage can inspect it thoroughly later in the week. The suspense is killing me 

Hi I think you are ok there as the sump sits below anything major on the suspension, if its a crack or small hole it will just be Handbags at Dawn.

Steve.

3 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I think you are ok there as the sump sits below anything major on the suspension, if its a crack or small hole it will just be Handbags at Dawn.

Steve.

Yep the sump is the lowest point. I may have a water leak too but I think it's the washer bottle. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 10:23 PM, Steve Q said:

Yep the sump is the lowest point. I may have a water leak too but I think it's the washer bottle. 

Hi Steve,how’s your Audi doing.will it be back on the road soon or is it worse than you thought 

7 hours ago, Lawl said:

Hi Steve,how’s your Audi doing.will it be back on the road soon or is it worse than you thought 

It's still at the garage. They've not started yet which has annoyed me! 

I've had my other cars in and out of the garage in that time 🙄

I hope the garage does get it repaired soon, unless of course there is also some difficulty finding a replacement sump.

p.s.  couldn't help but notice the rear end of a Rover 75, just thinking I haven't seen one on the road in ages