Dual mass flywheel

Johnnie65
聽Share

Hi anybody had issues with clutch judder my 2017 1.4 tfsi A3 Saloon with 30k intermittently judders could this be the dual mass flywheel?

Any ideas would be appreciated 馃憤

1 hour ago, Johnnie65 said:

Wasn't thinking that much 馃 sadly it will have to wait until it gets really bad.

Hi sounds more like contamination oil normally, if it only does it on cold mornings when you start and first drive it its probably condensation from the day before my A6 does it but not when the ambient temperature is higher in the mornings.

Steve.

Hi Steve, it's OK on start up it seems worse when I have聽 been in a lot of stop start traffic. It can be quite dramatic almost reminds me of the axle !Removed! I use to get in my old Capri 3.0s.

I'm not a clutch rider and it seems a little odd especially as there's only30k on the clock.聽

1 hour ago, Johnnie65 said:

Hi Steve, it's OK on start up it seems worse when I have聽 been in a lot of stop start traffic. It can be quite dramatic almost reminds me of the axle !Removed! I use to get in my old Capri 3.0s.

I'm not a clutch rider and it seems a little odd especially as there's only30k on the clock.聽

Hi that would suggest a seal gone inside the box and contaminating the friction plate as when oil gets hot it mists could do with getting someone to look underneath to see if there is any oil leaking from the bottom of the gearbox where it joins the engine.

Steve.