Remap/tuning chips

GordonC
聽Share

Go to solution Solved by Stevey Y,

Hi all, I'm new to forum (will post in newbies聽馃槉)

I've just bought myself a A4 saloon 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE - Think the colour is Lava Grey but need to check. It's a 2nd car for ferrying kids about when the Mrs has the family motor. Also a bit of fun for me. Anyway it's the 220bhp model, has a Miltek exhaust with res and cat. Also what looks like a decent air intake with heat shield. I'm looking to remap it as I believe you can easily get an extra 50bhp out of these this with standard cams etc. Question is: should I get a rolling road remap done or has anyone had experience with the tuning box type ones (bluespark etc) meaning I could just do it myself? I had a Hondata for a Type R I owned a while ago and the basic remap on it was amazing.聽

Thanks.聽

• Solution
4 hours ago, GordonC said:

Hi all, I'm new to forum (will post in newbies聽馃槉)

I've just bought myself a A4 saloon 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE - Think the colour is Lava Grey but need to check. It's a 2nd car for ferrying kids about when the Mrs has the family motor. Also a bit of fun for me. Anyway it's the 220bhp model, has a Miltek exhaust with res and cat. Also what looks like a decent air intake with heat shield. I'm looking to remap it as I believe you can easily get an extra 50bhp out of these this with standard cams etc. Question is: should I get a rolling road remap done or has anyone had experience with the tuning box type ones (bluespark etc) meaning I could just do it myself? I had a Hondata for a Type R I owned a while ago and the basic remap on it was amazing.聽

Thanks.聽

Hi all tuning boxes work on the same principle they plug into the fuel rail and fool the car into thinking its running cold all the time therefore it runs richer this in turn allows over fuelling which washes the bores and the pistons, so in conclusion it looks like the remap is the better option as that controls the fuelling in the correct manner commensurate with throttle demand and not the boxes way of lets throw extra fuel in an see what happens.

Steve.