A4 b8 strut brace

Dansline

I just find the audi is a poor handling car. Great at 30 around town. But when you want to give it abit of stick around corners 🤔 I have no trust in it

Hello Daniel,

I would suggest you get the whole suspension and steering set up carefully examined foe wear before considering the benefits of fitting a strut brace. 
It sounds suspiciously like there is some wear at critical points.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

13 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Daniel,

I would suggest you get the whole suspension and steering set up carefully examined foe wear before considering the benefits of fitting a strut brace. 
It sounds suspiciously like there is some wear at critical points.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi I have had it on the ramp at work and the is nothing wrong with any of the suspension components have had all the tracking set up properly as was out abit just don't feel planned to the road like my Leon did. I asked one of the lads at work and he says his a4 is the same. 

Thanks Daniel,

Shock absorbers - how many miles, originals? 
Tyres? Matching quality brands and thread depth across both axles?
Pressures checked and set? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Shock absorber have been on since it was new 2010 but have only done 59k. All tyres matching uniroyals not far off new. And I run about 32 psi all round 

13 year old shock absorbers must now be passed their best, but with all other components being free from tolerable wear, I cannot see VAG would have designed these vehicles with an in-built handling issue, and it’s fair to assume that it’s fine unless you ‘give it a bit of stick around corners’. 
If as you say that handing is such that you don’t have any confidence in its road holding abilities when driven in that manner, then I fear that fitting a strut brace to counteract minimal body flexing would not be money well spent. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.