Current Build Time

stufos

5 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

Today is week 9 since I ordered. Latest update today is......state 0, still no build date 😞

Quite long I think just for the build date - I had that within 4/5 weeks I think,

I just signed all the docs and got the reg so looks set for Monday pick up!

Mine was 5 months from order to pick up - and I ordered in May, if you want to gauge (A4 black edition 40 tfsi with no extras)

On 10/27/2023 at 2:34 PM, Joemdown said:

Quite long I think just for the build date - I had that within 4/5 weeks I think,

I just signed all the docs and got the reg so looks set for Monday pick up!

Mine was 5 months from order to pick up - and I ordered in May, if you want to gauge (A4 black edition 40 tfsi with no extras)

Did you get it Joe?

I see Audi have taken their website down where you could see what new cars are currently available or due to be delivered in the next few weeks 😞

Ignore above, site is back up.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:39 PM, H174 said:

So the final twist has occurred, I thought things were going too smooth. The finance company have for no apparent reason have withdrawn the original finance offer and replaced it (with the final one so they say) with a new one.  Only problem is that the have increased the interest rate by an additional 6.3% and added a year to the term!! 
I am sure you can imagine my response to them. They can offer no explanation to this decision other than this is the dear we can do! My circumstances have changed slightly since original quotation, I have had a pay rise and that’s it. 
To say that I am annoyed after waiting since April for my car only for it to fail whilst it’s sat waiting at the dealer is an understatement. If they don’t change their stance then I will be pulling out of the deal because I am not prepared to pay an extra £10k from the original deal. Watch this space ………..

So, after much debate they have reinstated the original finance deal, maybe my threat to walk away from the deal spurred theM into action. Therefore, I now have the vehicle registration number and the finance in place so now awaiting the delivery date to be confirmed.  A long slow and protracted process throughout, customer service and information needs a major overhaul in my opinion. Just the final hurdle of delivery to overcome now, hopefully next week. 

• Like 2

Happy you got it sorted in the end.
The sad reality is that 100% effort is put into getting you to sign on the dotted line and parting with your money and then everything goes downhill from there, no one gives a flying f*** after that. 
Not just Audi to be fair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PG220 said:

Happy you got it sorted in the end.
The sad reality is that 100% effort is put into getting you to sign on the dotted line and parting with your money and then everything goes downhill from there, no one gives a flying f*** after that. 
Not just Audi to be fair.

Can’t argue with any of that, as you say sign sign sign and then they wash their hands of you. Shouldn’t have to be this way as it is not that hard to keep people updated with matters. I think it is the total lack of communication and transparency that drives us to despair, it should not take the threat to walk away from the deal to get things done. 

Edited by H174

On the audi online website that shows what cars are currently available in showrooms or about to be in showrooms it is showing a large number of avants now being available - different colours/trim/specs etc. Normally there are 1 or 2 there but there is 20 today, 2 of which are the spec/colour for my car. Obviously audi dealerships don't co-operate with each other to fulfull customer requirements

On 11/4/2023 at 6:21 PM, H174 said:

So, after much debate they have reinstated the original finance deal, maybe my threat to walk away from the deal spurred theM into action. Therefore, I now have the vehicle registration number and the finance in place so now awaiting the delivery date to be confirmed.  A long slow and protracted process throughout, customer service and information needs a major overhaul in my opinion. Just the final hurdle of delivery to overcome now, hopefully next week. 

Well, today is meant to be delivery day so let’s see if they actually hold good to their word and contact me to advise what time they will be arriving with my car. After the frantic days last week getting things sorted for today, the usual radio silence has been observed by them. Only time will tell if they come through as promised. 
watch this space 

On 11/14/2023 at 9:09 AM, H174 said:

Well, today is meant to be delivery day so let’s see if they actually hold good to their word and contact me to advise what time they will be arriving with my car. After the frantic days last week getting things sorted for today, the usual radio silence has been observed by them. Only time will tell if they come through as promised. 
watch this space 

Well it’s finally arrived, ordered 17th April 23 and delivered 14th November 23. Not sure I could go through all that again in a hurry. 

Really pleased for you, what a saga, at least you can finally enjoy your new car. I actually have the patience of a saint, even if they told me 'your car will take a year from now till you receive it' I could cope with that.....it's the being told absolutely nothing for month after month that gets my goat. I just cannot believe for a minute that after 3 months, Audi still cannot tell me an approximate date my car will be built, never mind delivered...Set your customer expectations and don't treat them like mushrooms.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, Splosho said:

9 weeks for me, no build date either 😞

Josh, I've finally got a build date....week 49 (2 weeks from now) estimated delivery 6 - 7 weeks from build date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJohn said:

Josh, I've finally got a build date....week 49 (2 weeks from now) estimated delivery 6 - 7 weeks from build date

Brillant news John! Did you spec any extras apart from paint? Maybe I will hear something soon, but thinking because I've specced it with the Tech Pack it will add extra delay. But will let you know when I hear anything 🙂

3 hours ago, Splosho said:

Brillant news John! Did you spec any extras apart from paint? Maybe I will hear something soon, but thinking because I've specced it with the Tech Pack it will add extra delay. But will let you know when I hear anything 🙂

Just standard apart from the black paint. And correction to my original message build week 49 but dealer saying delivery in 6 - 7 weeks from now...we'll see, but at least that is some progress.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What do these car dealers actually do for their money? I ordered my car in August and the only time I've found anything out about the process is when I've contacted them....and I've had to do that on several occasions because they don't always get back to you. My car was supposed to be built last week.....was it??? no idea....I don't care, I really am starting to lose interest in the whole bl**dy thing, they have totally ruined the experience for me. This will be my first...and last Audi

Thanks John, but presumably you wouldn’t want this registered in the last weeks of this year as opposed to 1st Jan on? 
Yes, I know registration sequences will be the same, but I’m yet to come across anyone who doesn’t  describe their car by actual year of registration, so if registered late in Dec. it will be described as a 2023 car, and ‘one year old in Jan.! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I agree with you Gareth, I don't want it till next year but I would like to know what is happening. When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they said it was 'scheduled' for build in week 49. Good info, thank you....but did it get built then (week of 4th Dec) or was it put back...where is it now? I think if you are spending the amount of money we are, you'd expect a little courtesy now and again......sorry...just having a right old moan lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, JohnJohn said:

I agree with you Gareth, I don't want it till next year but I would like to know what is happening. When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they said it was 'scheduled' for build in week 49. Good info, thank you....but did it get built then (week of 4th Dec) or was it put back...where is it now? I think if you are spending the amount of money we are, you'd expect a little courtesy now and again......sorry...just having a right old moan lol 

Hi John, have you had any more update about your car going into/finished being built? Still no update about a build slot for me still 😞

I was told on Wednesday that it was in this country but dont know what docks it is at or if/when it will clear customs. My dealer (lookers) has just been taken over by some canadian company that borrowed too much money at too high interest rates and have started issuing redundancy notices to the staff. Not chasing them as there is only a few days of 2023 they can register the car if they get hold of it....will chase them up in the new year, but its definitely in this country.   So it was built 4th December and between then and it was built/exported. Really surprised you've at least not had a build date 😞

Finally...the end to the saga. Car arrives at the dealership tomorrow and picking it up 3rd Jan. The good news it only took 4 months from ordering to deliver and not six months forecast.  I still can't believe that an organisation the size of vw/audi can't/won't provide their customers with more information on the status of their cars or even have a basic user access where you key in an order number and it returns a status code.....at least you'd know what  was happening. Anyway, good luck to those still waiting, fingers crossed but I'm out of here now 🙂

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 11:39 PM, JohnJohn said:

Finally...the end to the saga. Car arrives at the dealership tomorrow and picking it up 3rd Jan. The good news it only took 4 months from ordering to deliver and not six months forecast.  I still can't believe that an organisation the size of vw/audi can't/won't provide their customers with more information on the status of their cars or even have a basic user access where you key in an order number and it returns a status code.....at least you'd know what  was happening. Anyway, good luck to those still waiting, fingers crossed but I'm out of here now 🙂

Brilliant news John! Hope pick up today went well and you're enjoying your car 🙂 I think mines going to be at least 6 months at this rate... still no build date 😞